+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @MrsVZ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by fmb View Post
    I'm not worried about breastfeeding etc really as I'm not shy lol and I know she would help out - in fact I'm more worried that she will over step her bounds there than anything because I'm a bit of a control freak! Ha ha.
    Hey not meaning to be rude - maybe chat with a few people and open a thread about what life is like in those first few weeks. It's hard for mums-to-be to know until they are there. It can be a really crappy and exhausting time (with a tiny bit of joy thrown in). Breastfeeding itself has been known to reduce grown women to tears. It's not easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @VicPark this isn't my first Bub so I'm familiar with what it's like

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fmb For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (12-08-2016),VicPark  (12-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE
    I'm more worried that she will over step her bounds there than anything because I'm a bit of a control freak! Ha ha.[/QUOTE]

I would be too and it's nothing to do with being a control freak. I think all mothers and MILs overstep the boundaries to some degree. And too many people have bad MIL stories for it not to be a worry. Given you've never met her it's impossible to know.

Before I met my MIL my husband made her out to be an angel. And she always seemed lovely on Skype etc. So when I met her that's what I expected. Boy was I wrong. Luckily I wasn't giving birth or anything difficult like that at the time, thank god. Yet it was still a nightmare. She has no sense of boundaries at all and despite having been a terrible, neglectful mother herself still believes she knows best. About everything.

If she were here for the birth she'd likely balk at the fact she couldn't smoke in the birthing suite and try to light up a fag anyway, turn up drunk, refuse to let me hold my own baby, try to feed it sausages and probably drop it on its head. Might sound extreme, but I can picture it. I've seen her with other people's babies. She thought it was hilarious when a baby under her watch was sucking on a beer bottle. Almost had a coughing fit between drags on her cigs as she chain-smoked. I kid you not.

Granted, my MIL is a special breed so I'm more unlucky than most, but I wouldn't be taking any chances if I were you. And I agree with all the ladies who say it's time to put yourself first. You're the one who's been creating this person for nine months and you're the one who goes through the pain of delivery and (what I can only imagine at this stage) are the very delicate first few months of your baby's life. I'm sorry, but likening someone going out of their way to take a plane to see you just doesn't remotely compare to that in my opinion. Your husband should accept the priority is you now, more than ever, not what mummy demands.