+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We rent so just pay consumption. I paid one last week and it was $62.62 for the quarter.

The highest we had was in summer because we have a pool and the pump wasn't working. We had to dump some water while cleaning it, approx 4-5 times over a couple of months. The max we have had it about $85 for the quarter.

This is for 3 adults

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ours is every 60 days and it's around $85-$100 then over summer it ups to around $150

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Water Bills

I actually work for a water company and the state I'm in although higher than some, when you break it down it's not that expensive. The way I look at it.... Clean, safe drinking water comes into my house at the turn of a tap. It comes from the Murray which is hundreds of kms away, cleaned and made safe. All the waste we make is taken away and cleaned so it doesn't hurt the environment. The money my company makes (profit) is reinvested with our state government into schools, roads and parks. The reason everything is expensive is our higher wages in Aus (labour is a 25% of opex) but those wages/money keeps families fed and sheltered and facilitate remote communities to have an economy which is only good for our state and country 😊

Electricity companies take a profit and there is no reinvestment for bill payers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterJade View Post
    I actually work for a water company and the state I'm in although higher than some, when you break it down it's not that expensive. The way I look at it.... Clean, safe drinking water comes into my house at the turn of a tap. It comes from the Murray which is hundreds of kms away, cleaned and made safe. All the waste we make is taken away and cleaned so it doesn't hurt the environment. The money my company makes (profit) is reinvested with our state government into schools, roads and parks. The reason everything is expensive is our higher wages in Aus (labour is a 25% of opex) but those wages/money keeps families fed and sheltered and facilitate remote communities to have an economy which is only good for our state and country 😊

Electricity companies take a profit and there is no reinvestment for bill payers
    Agree 100%. Water is pretty bl00dy cheap. I actually think it should be made more expensive to get people to cut down on usage.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

WinterJade  (13-08-2016)