+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    I have tried to inbox you but I cant. I don't want to put my story out onto the forum
    Didn't realise I had to tick a box... should work now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I just wanted to offer the biggest of big big hugs. If I accidentally became pregnant with number three, in my head already, I would also have a termination. In fact I wouldn't even tell DH as I know he would want to keep it, so at least you have his support, so talk, talk and talk to eachother as much as you can.

You're not a bad person at all! I'm a great believer that a mothers mental health trumps pretty much everything (bar living children's health and safety)

If you both can't see yourselves coping, and you feel it will better for your two son's, it's a logical decision.

I don't want it to seem like I'm pushing you towards this decision, I just want you to know if you do choose that path, none of us are judging you for it.

I hope you and your DH can come to a decision you're both comfortable with.

Thanks for this, your exactly where I am thinking at the moment, but scared to make the decision.... a long few nights ahead

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubbleonthedouble View Post
    Didn't realise I had to tick a box... should work now
    Sorry still doesn't work. Have you done 5 posts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon2be4 View Post
    Write a list of pros and cons, write out what you're feeling between now and leading up to your appointment then either way you go if you question why you made that decision you can read back on it all and remember just why you went the way you did. Things always seem so different later so it's good to remember how you were feeling in the thick of things. We almost went ahead with termination for our second and I cancelled appointment last minute, of course totally different situation for us as we were alwaYs going to have more children. I still have my pros and cons list and diary entries for the week leading up to everything and am surprised when I read it at just how I actually felt - it's easy to forget. Wish you all the best.
    Excellent idea, starting on that tonight so if I ever doubt my choice I can go back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    Sorry still doesn't work. Have you done 5 posts?
    Just trying to do that now. I have on my normal log in... but undercover atm
    So annoying. I am guessing replying to this thread isn't included...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I just say, thank you so much for all your replies, I was very scared I was going to get a lot of judgement, but everyone has been understanding and given helpful advise.
    While I am still not 100% in my decision, I have some more tools to help me make this horrible decision. Thank you again ladies, my faith in the forum has been restored.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubbleonthedouble View Post
    Just trying to do that now. I have on my normal log in... but undercover atm
    So annoying. I am guessing replying to this thread isn't included...
    If you want to message me from your main account feel free to. I will be free all night as about to head to work but I am free to chat if needed
    Last edited by Myztiks#1Fan; 09-08-2016 at 21:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Big hugs op. I haven't been through this personally but have thought about it. But my issue is going from 1-2 not 2-3.
    My DD is 13 months conceived through ivf too. We are 99.999999% sure we don't want another for a range of reasons and 1 of those is I haven't coped well with motherhood and both of us don't want to go through it again. I think another child would break me and I'm very happy with 1. The feeling has gotten stronger as DD gets older. I just don't think I'd cope with another child. I barely cope as it is. I don't want to ruin my life my marriage and my DD and another child by pushing myself into a situation that I'm very sure is beyond me.
    If by some miracle we were to conceive naturally (super super unlikely as we are using contraception and obviously needed ivf first time anyway) then I would definitely very strongly consider termination. I obviously can't say 100% as I haven't been in the situation and I'm actively trying to avoid getting pregnant but termination would be more likely than not. I am so conscious of pushing myself beyond my capabilities and I value my own life and mental health and my current family more than a potential second child.
    So definitely no judgement here. I don't know how you reach the decision but if you strongly feel that you don't have the capacity to add another child to your family and it will affect your mental health then I think you need to be conscious of protecting yourself and your existing family. Whatever you do decide I hope that you're getting some decent counseling/psychologist support with your depression. Big hugs I'm sorry you're going through this xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's such a tough situation. I'm sorry you are in the thick of it right now.

dh and I had an unplanned pregnancy many years ago. I was on birth control and it failed. I chose to terminate and I have never regretted that decision. It was the right one for me/us at the time. I get sad that I was in that situation, but I don't get sad about my decision if that makes sense.

having said that, i have recently had our third child (he is almost 9 months old). My other two are 7 yrs and 2 yrs. I haven't found having three difficult. I actually really enjoy it. Despite the fact that all my 3 are shocking sleepers. I think the change from 2-3 can vary greatly though, depending on so many factors. I don't have any family support, but I do have a very hands on dh, no pnd, easy birth and breastfeeding experience...

Im not sure what I would do if I were to get pregnant again. I definitely do not want more and dh and I are very careful. If I somehow found myself with a bfp again, I would very seriously consider termination.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Unplanned Pregnancy ** Trigger Warning**

Hun I will tell you my story. Take from it what you need to.

I have 2 kids, 2 years apart. The first year of having 2 (baby and 2 year old) was bloody hard. Nearly lost it a few times. The second year (3 year old and 1 year old) was also hard. I absolutely dreaded the thought of a third. I'm not sure if I would have considered an abortion as my good friend had one and it still upsets her many years on. I can certainly understand how you are feeling though.

Only now (4 year old, 2 year old) I am starting to find being a parent easier. It turns out my eldest has issues and getting help has helped. I am starting to really enjoy being a mum. I think I could now cope with a third perhaps enjoy a third however that's not happening due to the permanent contraception, being to old and financially it wouldn't work.
    I'm happy with my two.

Look after yourself.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (09-08-2016)