18+3 weeks Not feeling anything? | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 18+3 weeks Not feeling anything?

Hi ladies.

I am currently 18+3 weeks pregnant with my second child. I just wanted to know if it was normal not to feel anything? I get hints every now & again but i think it should be moving more or am i just being crazy?

Ashliey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @ashliey
    do you know if your placenta is at the front? Mine was last pregnancy and this one and I know that means I feel movement later. I am now 19+6 and have only really felt 'strong'/regular movements the last week or so. Prior to that it would just be every now and again. Its hard not to worry isn't it! Have you got your 19/20 wk scan soon? That'll reassure you when you see how much it moves around!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 19w4d and have only felt definite flutters in the past week.. They aren't strong though.. Bit like air bubbles popping and mostly when I'm on the couch. When I'm walking around or busy I don't notice anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep really normal, I don't really feel full on recognisable movement until around 20 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it is normal. Didn't feel anything definite until around 20 weeks with my first baby. Can't quite remember with my second, but think it was about the same time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have an anterior placenta and have only started feeling definite movements in the last week. I'm 20+4. And I don't feel them all the time, sometimes only a couple of times a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanx Ladies

Im pretty sure the placenta is at the back. I cant remember if i felt the same way in my first pregnancy its been nearly 6 years. Its really hard to not worry about it. With this one i felt flutters at 8 weeks but it seems to have cut back a bit & when i went for my 12 week scan the baby wasn't that active but they didn't seem worried. The baby was also at the top of my uterus so maybe thats why. I go and see the doc on thursday so hopefully i can go for my scan next week

Thank you all for easing my mind.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ashliey For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't feel anything until about week 20 I'm only now in the last week or so starting to feel full on proper kicks I'm 25 weeks today I'm sure you will feel something in the next couple of weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started feeling at 19w3d and was just light pops like a lava lamp. I think 20 weeks is really normal. Could just be a quieter baby too, my mum said none of my siblings or I were very active as she was always up and about for work.