Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just another thought... Given DHS are involved, it sounds like they're working with you to be able to keep your DS in your care. Have you asked them to help with meals for ECM days?
    Even if they can't specifically bring your DS meals, they would be able to organise for a NGO to do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    Just another thought... Given DHS are involved, it sounds like they're working with you to be able to keep your DS in your care. Have you asked them to help with meals for ECM days?
    Even if they can't specifically bring your DS meals, they would be able to organise for a NGO to do it
    Thanks for this idea - DHS are coming around tomorrow so I will ask them if there is anything they can do for just this one day a week given that any other days I can't feed him I have help in place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I'm missing something here. Yoi bought a chicken and rolls etc for dinner and ask your mum to serve your son as you were unwell and unable to prepare and do so.....but you were able to prepare ice cream? I don't understand how you could do one and not the other.

I'm sorry to hear that your illness is so debilitating that you fear you may self harm, have you considered checking in to a facility for help? Somewhere you can stay for a period of time and get the help you obviously need while someone cares for your son. You just seem to be knocking back any advice from anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babymumma76 View Post
    I think I'm missing something here. Yoi bought a chicken and rolls etc for dinner and ask your mum to serve your son as you were unwell and unable to prepare and do so.....but you were able to prepare ice cream? I don't understand how you could do one and not the other.

I'm sorry to hear that your illness is so debilitating that you fear you may self harm, have you considered checking in to a facility for help? Somewhere you can stay for a period of time and get the help you obviously need while someone cares for your son. You just seem to be knocking back any advice from anyone?
    In defence of @pointless1 yes you are missing a lot. I don't want to speak for her (sorry pointless if I'm overstepping) but she has had intensive residential stays associated with her treatment. She also doesn't 'ask' her mum to serve her son her mum is mandated to care for her son by a court order. I think it's best to just leave it there.

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (10-08-2016),babyno1onboard  (10-08-2016),binnielici  (11-08-2016),LoveLivesHere  (11-08-2016),Tiny Dancer  (11-08-2016),turquoisecoast  (10-08-2016),twinklify  (10-08-2016),VicPark  (10-08-2016),Wise Enough  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm going to get flamed, but whatever... I'm finally calling troll. Or at least a gross exaggeration to the truth.

Are people not seeing the massive holes in this story? Or questioning how DHS are involved but are actually leaving a 12 year old in the care of someone that can't pick up a knife to prepare food for her child for fear of using it on herself?

I'm all for supporting people through mental illness, but these posts are seriously alarming and I am in disbelief of how much people have been pandering to these posts, instead of acknowledging the seriousness of the situation (assuming it's true). Far out, there is a 12 year old sitting in a house that is said to be so messy that there are no clean dishes. A 12 year old that is being fed ice cream for dinner because his mum can not provide a basic meal. Would you all really just sit back and say "there, there... it's okay" if you knew someone IRL saying these things? I sure hope not.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

baby245  (11-08-2016),BlackDiamond  (11-08-2016),Californication  (10-08-2016),Full House  (11-08-2016),TheGooch  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm going to get flamed, but whatever... I'm finally calling troll. Or at least a gross exaggeration to the truth.

Are people not seeing the massive holes in this story? Or questioning how DHS are involved but are actually leaving a 12 year old in the care of someone that can't pick up a knife to prepare food for her child for fear of using it on herself?

I'm all for supporting people through mental illness, but these posts are seriously alarming and I am in disbelief of how much people have been pandering to these posts, instead of acknowledging the seriousness of the situation (assuming it's true). Far out, there is a 12 year old sitting in a house that is said to be so messy that there are no clean dishes. A 12 year old that is being fed ice cream for dinner because his mum can not provide a basic meal. Would you all really just sit back and say "there, there... it's okay" if you knew someone IRL saying these things? I sure hope not.
    If it is genuine how on earth would this post help? I've never experienced severe depression so I'm not going to comment on what people can and can't do. I don't believe the poster is a troll. Haven't you heard the saying if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    If it is genuine how on earth would this post help? I've never experienced severe depression so I'm not going to comment on what people can and can't do. I don't believe the poster is a troll. Haven't you heard the saying if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all?
    I'm beyond trying to be helpful to her... My concern is her son. Do you not also find these posts alarming?

ETA I'd also hope that Bubhub takes posters like this serious and do everything in their power to pass these things on to relevant services.
    Last edited by atomicmama; 10-08-2016 at 21:50.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Californication  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm not flaming you. But I am disagreeing with you. OP is not a troll.
    I don't think anyone is saying it's not an issue. Though most are saying in the context of the situation that it's no huge issue eating ice cream one night.
    If you take some time to look back through the OPs threads then you'll see the ebb and flow of her mental health issues. Which are very serious and the op has considered giving up care of her son before.
    I'd just hate to think that a comment like yours could drive her away when at least being connected to bubhub gives some connection in a very isolated existence.
    And for the record, in real life no I don't ignore the welfare of anyone that I know who is struggling. I try and provide practical help and support. And there are ways to provide practical help and support to people you meet on bubhub

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (11-08-2016),Tiny Dancer  (11-08-2016),turquoisecoast  (10-08-2016),Wise Enough  (11-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default how long to hold out for

I usually have a good radar for BS/trolls and it's not going off here. Too many detailed posts on a variety of topics over a semi-lengthy period.

If there is conflicting information that doesn't make sense, I am putting that mostly down to something that affects 99% of posters on bub hub. People generally post on a topic through their own eyes, which isn't always the complete picture. The remaining inconsistency I will chalk up to the OP being ill and perhaps not recalling things in a 100% accurate manner.

You are worried about the child, yes we all are the OP included. The reason why I am not panicking is because 1) we are probably getting an overly panicked view of what's going on because the OP is ill. 2) child services are involved.

To be honest I've seen more conflicting stories, bull****itis, backtracking and behavior that puts a child at risk from allegedly respected BubHubbers than I have from those less popular members who have a mental illness.

As for the ice- cream pfffttttt. Lucky kid.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (10-08-2016),gingermillie  (10-08-2016),HLE  (10-08-2016),LoveLivesHere  (11-08-2016),Tinkers  (10-08-2016),Tiny Dancer  (11-08-2016),turquoisecoast  (10-08-2016),twinklify  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    So it is that Monday again when I've had ECT today, my mother is here, she knows that things have been particularly bad (although to her I am manipulating everyone again). Now is dinner time. She has been sitting on the lounge watching TV all day. Dinner is simple - bought BBQ chicken with salad & rolls so no cooking involved yet she still won't make it.

So how long do I hold out before needing to feed the child (who has told me he isn't overly hungry so can wait & probably won't eat anyway)

I'm at a point now where I no longer want ECT because I don't want her here in my house every week
    I get that the ECT cam be disorienting etc. but surely if you can post on a computer or a phone you can put together a roll for your son? Typing or texting takes concentration and dexterity. Even if you cant cut up salad, there's nothing wrong with just chicken on a roll. No utensils involved.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to giveitago For This Useful Post:

baby245  (11-08-2016),BlackDiamond  (11-08-2016),Californication  (10-08-2016),Full House  (11-08-2016),TheGooch  (10-08-2016)

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast