+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh and yes I'll come back and let you know how many tissues were used in that first week or two x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A&S View Post
    Oh big hugs to you too turquoisecoast. It really is so tough. It's like you jump over hurdle after hurdle, sleepless nights, reflux, feeding issues blah blah blah and just when things start to get good you have to leave.

I never thought I would want to be a SAHM. I thought I would need adult stimulation and that I would get bored. But I have never been so social in all my life. Mothers group, swimming, baby sensory classes and then coffee and breakfast dates. DD and I go for walks or just sit outside for ages watching the crazy dogs run wild. It's the best! I'm having the time of my life with my daughter, it's like we are our own special little twosome.

I know she's going to be totally fine without me, it's just me that may not be so fine without her.

Now I'm crying
    I never knew I could love someone this much.
    thanks.

I started off the opposite - I thought I'd enjoy the sahm thing more. it's not that I don't enjoy it, I just can't do it constantly.

like you, I've found my mat leave to be more social than I've ever been lol. it was a it slow to start but I now feel like I've started to get into the swing of coffee dates, organizing outings etc...and it's time to go back to work.

I guess what makes me sad is that it'll never be like this again. just ds and I and be not working. unless I quit my job or something, more than likely my next stint at home will be the next mat leave, and I'll never have ds all to myself again.

my god I'm a real mess tonight. I swear af is returning, I'm not normally this much of a wreck.

definitely agree about being over all the initial hurdles and feeling like things are getting good. ds definitely still has his moments but overall I'm enjoying our time together more. or maybe I'm just appreciating it and savoring it more because I know I'm back at work so soon.

it's so tough.

at least you're only going back on a 5 day fortnight. it could be a lot worse xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I started back at work about 5 weeks ago. Some practical tips are to be organised (pack bags the night before), have frozen meals for you and bub for when dinner is too hard to make, etc.

On the emotional side of things I've focussed on spending four days a week with DD rather than three days a week without DD.

It's hard. I had a near panic attack the week before I went back (and I was wanting to go back to work!) but most of the things I was worried about never came to fruition.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

A&S  (09-08-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How did you deal with going back to work

Some great tips here. Please don't feel guilty. Even when you are ready to go back it's perfectly normal to feel emotional. It's definitely harder on us than it is on them
    I took a year off with dd1, never really enjoyed the 5 days at home each week, I was sooo ready, only returning part time and my mum was going to care for her and yet I was still racked with guilt and anxiety. Not so much for how I would cope but how would my baby. They were fine!
    Even though I know they will be fine again I'm starting to get that wave of anxiety thinking about returning to work in 3 months after my 2nd lol.
    @turquoisecoast it's so emotional when weaning. You've done a great job so far xxx

Good luck to all you mummas xxxx

Eta: if I wasn't exclusively breastfeeding I would of returned to work about the 6 month mark with both. I don't think returning to work at 6 months or 12 months makes a difference, I know for me it isn't any easier! So don't feel bad about going back now xx
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 09-08-2016 at 08:11.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

A&S  (09-08-2016),babyno1onboard  (09-08-2016),turquoisecoast  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've just ended up in tears at the idea of leaving ds alone with strangers all day. what if he gets upset and wants a cuddle from dh or I and we aren't there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found the thought of going back incredibly difficult and I cried pretty much every day for a few weeks leading up to it. I was a mess! My DD was 8 months when I went back three days a week. But once I got into I found the balance was perfect for me. I'm not someone who can stay at home full time (although I thought I was prior to retuning) and I find I enjoy my time with DD more now I have time away from her. I was lucky that my partner had 8 weeks off when I went back so he had her and we very slowly eased her into daycare. She absolutely loves daycare so I've been lucky in that respect. So for me the hardest part of it was the anticipation, the reality has worked out well. I hope the same happens for you @turquoisecoast and @A&S xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Furmumma For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (09-08-2016)