Study + 5 kids + part-time work?? | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Study + 5 kids + part-time work??

Am I insane to think this even possible?

I really want to do my Bachelor of Education (Primary) and can do it online through USQ. I am currently on Maternity leave after the birth of baby #5 almost 5 months ago now but plan on returning early next year after 12 months off. I work 3 days a week during School Hours (so the equivalent of 2 full days spread over 3).

I would likely do the first year if study part-time while bub is young and then the last 3 years full-time, taking a total of 5 years to complete.

Am I dreaming to think this is doable? I have a very very supportive Husband who has no problem getting stuck in to the household duties and my older children are currently 13, 8, 7 and almost 4. Has anyone been in a similar situation?.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It can be doable. I have 3 kids and work fulltime including a morning on the weekend and I am studying medical terminology. It has been difficult at times where I have had to request an extension on assignments and I have been able to do some study at work. Dh is very hands on though which makes it easier. I have 2 assessments to do and then final exam and I am done 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it's doable! If you have a supportive hubby that can pull some slack whilst you're studying and you get a good routine happening then it's doable. I was running an online business, studying bachelor of Ed and have 4 kids which worked fine for us. I had to put study on hold as prac was due and we were moving interstate, which required difference clearance to work with children for the new state.