+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How much do you pay for 1/2 head of foils?

I just want to see whether the salon I go to is ripping me off big time. Yesterday I got half a head of foils, toning, cut (very slight trim, not a restyle), shampoo and blow dry and it was $215. I have long hair. This is a suburban salon in a shopping center (not a big Centre like Westfield, just a local shopping centre), an hour out of the city.

I'm sure they used to charge me $150 for the same thing only a couple of years ago. I feel like I'm paying city prices!

How much do others pay for the same thing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How much do you pay for 1/2 head of foils?

Sounds roughly similar to the hairdressers around my area, and what I have paid, it's on the exxy end for sure, but not a complete rip off.

Eta: last time I did get a half head of foils 2 years ago (I've since ditched the foils) it was a winter special for $190. So not their usual price and I'm sure it's increased since then.

Oh and shopping centre hairdressers are usually more exxy due to higher rent
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 07-08-2016 at 08:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds high to me. In my area I would expect to pay $140 ish for that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got a full head of foils, toning, wash, cut, blow dry and straighten for $163 a week ago. My hair was shoulder length at the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds high to me. I have hair nearly touching my bum and had a half head, toner, treatment, cut and straightened for $130 a few weeks ago. The full head was going to be $220.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds about what i would expect, especially for long hair. Lots of hairdresser time goes into foils. I pay about 200 for a half head of foils (short hair) and cut, so more for long hair would not be surprising at all. The place i go isn't fancy, just a little local place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I just want to see whether the salon I go to is ripping me off big time. Yesterday I got half a head of foils, toning, cut (very slight trim, not a restyle), shampoo and blow dry and it was $215. I have long hair. This is a suburban salon in a shopping center (not a big Centre like Westfield, just a local shopping centre), an hour out of the city.

I'm sure they used to charge me $150 for the same thing only a couple of years ago. I feel like I'm paying city prices!

How much do others pay for the same thing?
    Oh wow...don't go there again. The hairdressers i go to charges me $230 for a full head, toner, blowdry and straighten finish. I have quite thick hair as well.

I wouldn't pay more than $130 for half a head.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shoulder length hair wash toner colour quarter head foils and trim $160

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marchbundle View Post
    Oh wow...don't go there again. The hairdressers i go to charges me $230 for a full head, toner, blowdry and straighten finish. I have quite thick hair as well.

I wouldn't pay more than $130 for half a head.
    I've been going there for the last 3 years but seeing my hairdresser for at least 5 years prior, she knows my hair so well I'm too scared to go elsewhere :-( I get a full head every second time I go so I'm probably looking at $250 plus next time!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just (yesterday) had a half head of foils, toner, cut and blow dry and it cost me $235! I am sure I only paid $170 on special last time. I think I need to find a new hairdresser... 😟 i expect to pay up to $200 for a full head. My hairdresser is not even in a busy city area. I dont think I will be going back...