+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My DP and myself talk all day every day. We wake up together and chat before work, we send messages to each other all day and chat during the day if we can. We are always on the phone, email and facebook to each other. Not because we don't have other good friends but because he is a total chatter box and we miss every second not with each other.

I always thought the honeymoon period would disappear a few years into a relationship. Not with us. We are the sappy loved up couple everyone hates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    i think I've missed something. I could've sworn you guys had split? or have you both decided to give it another shot? if so, disappointing to hear he's not really making much of an effort. hugs to you Louise xx
    We went to counselling and have been trying to work it out. But he is good for a few days then back to normal. It's hard being married

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (07-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    We went to counselling and have been trying to work it out. But he is good for a few days then back to normal. It's hard being married
    I'm sorry. it shouldn't be that hard. I do hope he pulls his socks up, you sound like an amazing partner. he's lucky you give him so many chances xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, it differs from day to day. I am on maternity leave atm so am bored. DH has not had much work lately so is also bored. So we text/email a bit during the day. If I am asleep when he leaves he slips out. If I am awake we say hi and bye.

If he is busy at work and I am busy we don't text/email. We talk when we are at home. Sometimes we don't (DS talks so much atm we are enjoying silence together lol).

Every relationship is different. Personalities are different. There is no right or wrong.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (10-11-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry. it shouldn't be that hard. I do hope he pulls his socks up, you sound like an amazing partner. he's lucky you give him so many chances xx
    Thank you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (25-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    well who doesn't speak to their best friend often though? isn't that usually the reason they're you're best friend?
    I messaged my best friend today, first time we've messaged each other in a couple of weeks. Conversation went as follows:
    'Have fun on your holiday! Send me some photos and make me insanely jealous when you're gone!'
    'Isn't that what friends are for?'
    'haha, yep! Want to go away for a weekend together in November?'
    'Yes! We should try and squeeze in a dinner before then, too.'
    'We can try! Talk later!'

A lot of our conversations are like that...short and sweet, she's my best friend. Another best friend I see and speak to about 4 times a year. I just have no desire to have long phone calls, or skype of whatever. I am a social person, but my work involves interacting with people on a personal level, so I have lots of conversations at work, and my kids are all total chatterboxes. I don't then want to spend time after they're in bed talking a lot, and talking on the phone when your kids are around is so painful. They interrupt you every 2 seconds, it's just not enjoyable.

So, in short, nope...I don't think you have to speak to your best friend a lot for them to be your best friend.

Note: I am answering the best friend separate to the conversation that has gone on re: DH being their best friend. My DH is also my best friend, but in no way did it bother me. Constantly texting etc. would drive DH and me nuts, and we would both feel completely smothered in a relationship like that...but on the flip side, those who do have that kind of relationship would probably feel like their OH was very distant in a relationship like mine and DH's.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (08-08-2016),smallpotatoes  (08-08-2016),SuperGranny  (10-11-2016),VicPark  (08-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    well who doesn't speak to their best friend often though? isn't that usually the reason they're you're best friend?
    Nope. The reason we're best friends is because we are both the same in our needs for contact. Sometimes we might speak once a week, sometimes a few months go by, sometimes even longer. We're best friends because after any length of time we can just pick up where we left off without anyone feeling neglected.

Because we have such similar personalities, if either of us felt the need for constant contact, we wouldn't be best friends.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

clb84  (08-08-2016),Happyhaps  (08-08-2016),MrsTugs  (08-08-2016),smallpotatoes  (08-08-2016),VicPark  (08-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    Nope. The reason we're best friends is because we are both the same in our needs for contact. Sometimes we might speak once a week, sometimes a few months go by, sometimes even longer. We're best friends because after any length of time we can just pick up where we left off without anyone feeling neglected.

Because we have such similar personalities, if either of us felt the need for constant contact, we wouldn't be best friends.
    Same with my bestie and I.

Answering the ops question.
    Dh and I talk about everything and anything, we kiss goodbye in the morning and last thing before sleep, we text through the day, we work at opposite ends of the same hospital so have lunch together too most days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DP and I always say good bye with a kiss in the morning and a goodnight when we/either of us go off to bed.
    We may text during the day about random current affairs, ideas, about DD, a lot of afl talk (DP is obsessed!) and other days we don't text at all!
    If I've had a tough day at home with DD he will call on his way home from the gym after work to debrief about his day so when he walks in the door it's 'all systems go' to get DD bathed, fed and settled in bed so then afterward we can just eat dinner and relax!

We quite often sit in silence too. Which is nice, there may be hand holding or feet touching so we know each other are close but no need to say anything!

I don't really have a best friend to be honest. I have a couple of friends who I confide in and go to for advice but my mum is prob my bf and we talk everyday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think maybe it's down to a few things.
    I'm naturally a chatterbox. I don't talk to many people but when I do, I'm hard to shut up. But I am a stay home mum and while I am out of the house most days doing volunteer work, a lot of that is done by myself. So being solitary most of the time (which I actually like) doesn't mesh well with my high needs to communicate.
    Then that, coupled with the fact that my husband is my best friend, means we chat a lot. I definitely do most of the talking/texting/emails. He doesn't reply to most things I send. Or even at home sometimes, I will just walk around talking at him, he won't respond unless he has something to say. But I know that's the case for him and he certainly picks up when I'm not talking as much and will ask if I'm okay etc. But yes, he does bear the brunt of my communication as I don't have many female friends. The ones I do have, I'm not really at a "haha look at this funny bunny picture" level with, nor do I confide personal things with. We're really at just a light gossip/discussing town events/talking about kids type level. The only people I talk to a bit deeper are my SIL and MIL. I don't have a lot to do with SIL but in 2 months she is moving over the road from me (currently lives 10 hours away) so hopefully we will get closer and MIL is basically like a mother to me. I don't have my own mother. Which I guess is another reason why hubby gets a lot of chatter. I don't have parents or siblings or anything to talk to.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Happyhaps  (10-08-2016),HillDweller  (10-08-2016)