+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    He wakes me every morning whether he is in town or not. We talk every night. And maybe chat/text once or twice during the day most dsys. In saying that he is not a great talker. He just doesn't say much. I we often joke that our 3 boy who can talk underwater make up for his not talking much in person. He has to talk all day at work so when he home he enjoys not having to talk endlessly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Depends on how busy we are during the day, we will text occasionally and I usually call him when I'm on the way home from work as its a long drive. We see each other every morning and every night after work usually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Ok let me ask a different way. Why is him being your best friend relevant to how often you speak to each other?
    I don't have the kind of best friend that people generally refer to - the one you call and vent to if you're having a crappy day etc.
    My dh is that person for me, so I suppose I call or text him at times when other people would do so with their best friend.

I interpreted pp's to mean it in that way.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

catemer  (06-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We chat a little when we wake up, chat about day to day stuff downstairs before he leaves for work, kiss & hug goodbye and I usually say 'don't be late' lol

through the day communication varies, some days we text back and forth a bit, it's also quite usual I will ring him and he pretty much always calls me at lunchtime to check in with me and see if there's anything I need.

I do do get a bit of verbal diarrhoea once the kids are in bed at 7 because I'm wacko from being at home with the kids all day and I *need* to hear about his life out of the house to fill my need of conversation.

We do our main conversing in the shower of a night though (we have a double shower in our ensuite) lol little chat in bed but generally he rubs my back and I fall asleep.

Id say we are best friends and he's my go to person for a chat, there's no one else I'd trust or feel close enough to to share my thoughts with.

When he's away we text a bit more and he rings me when he's in the car and at night. We don't ring and talk in the mornings though as they are hectic with four kids on my own! I do tend to text lots of photos and videos of the kids too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh leaves for work at about 5.30am, and I am lucky enough () to have kids that wake every morning at 5am so we chat a bit in the mornings. He will sometimes call me between jobs but I'm often too busy to chat. We have a lot of time together in the afternoons/evenings. If either of us are out we don't generally text. Unless it's dh texting me to let me know ds2 is doing fine without me, but that is more for my reassurance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default How often do you talk to your partner?

Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    I don't have the kind of best friend that people generally refer to - the one you call and vent to if you're having a crappy day etc.
    My dh is that person for me, so I suppose I call or text him at times when other people would do so with their best friend.

I interpreted pp's to mean it in that way.
    I just lost a long explanation so this one will be briefer.

I don't have any issue with this I think all redcreamingsoda's point was that regardless of how close you are to your DH your need to stay in regular contact come down to your own self. I have several very close friends and if they texted me several times a day every day I'd get a bit over it. I don't have time to reply half the time.

Sorry this is becoming a bigger deal than I mean it to be and I think the point we are trying to make is not being quite understood so I'll leave it.
    Last edited by Sonja; 06-08-2016 at 20:32.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Happyhaps  (06-08-2016),Redcorset  (08-08-2016),VicPark  (06-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    I go 48 hrs every week without talking to H even though he's in the same house as me . Our work hours and my night classes over lap 2 days a week. We don't text during the day unless an emergency. We spend a lot of time not talking even in same room. We used to go on date nights to dinner but we never chatted so it stopped. He talks a lot about himself and his job and his friends there. I'm still waiting 24 hrs later for him to ask why I came home from work crying yesterday.
    😟 @Louise41. I understand how hurtful that can be. I wish that our closest could see that we need their attention sometimes. I am lucky that my DH is always first to extend the olive branch (even if our conflict is of my doing). I sometimes wish I had a BFF i could confide in (i have gfs - but am a bit more private irl). I am lucky to have 2 sisters though which helps. Are you ok? Communication and understanding is so important in relationships (mine hasn't been perfect, but we try...)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I just lost a long explanation so this one will be briefer.

I don't have any issue with this I think all redcreamingsoda's point was that regardless of how close you are to your DH your need to stay in regular contact come down to your own self. I have several very close friends and if they texted me several times a day every day I'd get a bit over it. I don't have time to reply half the time.

Sorry this is becoming a bigger deal than I mean it to be and I think the point we are trying to make is not being quite understood so I'll leave it.
    I understand what you're saying, but I think you're looking too far in to a simple choice of wording by some people.
    One person referring to their dh as their best friend because they communicate regularly or about particular things doesn't mean another person has a lesser relationship because the dynamic is different.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (06-08-2016),TheGooch  (06-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I get what your saying Sonja.

"I chat with DH multiple times per day *because* he is my best friend."
    - Umm, no. You (collective you) chat with your DH multiple times per day because you are a chatterbox and as DH is your best friend he is best positioned to be on the receiving end.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

amyd  (06-08-2016),HillDweller  (07-08-2016),Redcorset  (08-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default How often do you talk to your partner?

Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but I think you're looking too far in to a simple choice of wording by some people.
    One person referring to their dh as their best friend because they communicate regularly or about particular things doesn't mean another person has a lesser relationship because the dynamic is different.
    Ok. I'll say it again. I don't care how people characterise their partners . I was playing mediator and explaining why the comment was ok to be made and why others didn't need to defend it. And why in the same way you don't see it as a big deal others might. The fact it has been thanked a few times I think I'm not off base there.

But again. I don't care. I actually don't. So I'll let those that do care if they want to continue the point. Not that there is a point. I'm not sure there ever was.

I need wine. And I don't have any so am going to exert my efforts on the pursuit of wine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast