Closed Thread
Page 7 of 99 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tuxcat View Post
    pretty sure you need at least 6 weeks on it - thats the minimum I was told. Im going to be on it for 8ish maybe slightly longer.

big hugs about processing it all too, I don't think Ive done that completely yet either. Ive just got my mind set on getting a baby and then maybe all that will start to sink in completely. Think Im just so over all the heartache and hardness of it all that Im happy to swap my eggs for someone elses!

furry rascal sounds gorgeous. My tuxcat last night when i got home from cocktails with the girls came in and got under the doona with me and snuggled next to me til i fell asleep...completely melted my heart
    @tuxcat i feel like you in the 'happy to swap my eggs" thing. After i had my mini mental breakdown, when i thought about cycling again with my own eggs, id ugly cry and thjnk, "no, no, no, please dont make me do that again" and when i thought about doing DE instead, i just felt hopeful and excited. So, in the end, i didnt really need to get advice, second opinions, googling obsessively etc... i just used my emotions as a guide. If i had have seen wazza and he said, "you can do more own egg cycles" i would have been upset, i think. Weird but true because i just couldnt handle doing another tww with less than 5% chance and getting 1 egg to transfer in the end, i might as well just have sex.
    I have a cold and my bro & sis tabby kittens came in and curled up wirh me all morning. I dont know how they know when you're feeling down, but i swear they do. Mmmm....warm kitten fur to snuggle into. Sooo calming and theraputic.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (09-08-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-08-2016),Blossom74  (06-08-2016),Rhino  (07-08-2016),Tahli  (06-08-2016),tuxcat  (06-08-2016),winsor  (06-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    Excuse my stupidity, but what's a TET?

TET = Triple Embryo Transfer Luv

In answer to your earlier question.... Wazza would know to recommend you go to DE based on you previous Cycles that you've done (results from those, what protocols you've used in those, how many Cycles/transfers you've had, what grades your embryo's were etc), how old you are etc, etc.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (06-08-2016),Charlie74  (06-08-2016),Tahli  (06-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    For me it wasn't just a percentage thing to weigh up, which I thought I was going in to discuss. It was a realisation that I've pretty much reached the end of my natural reproductive life. That realisation usually comes when you're peri menopausal. And it's hit me hard as I always thought I might meet a lovely man and try for a bub with him. A fantasy, I know. I need some time to process it. And to feel sad.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (06-08-2016),Tahli  (06-08-2016),winsor  (06-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    @Tahli, my friend did 2 IVF cycles with BFN's from normal embies, they only had MFI, my friend is only 34 & had no known issues but had to do IVF Bcos of her hubby having a translocation.. Then LB suggested a lap/hysteroscopy to check if anything was going on with her 'just incase' before touching anymore embies.

The lap found endo & adenomyosis! So LB tried to clean up the endo, & then put her on the zoladex for 3 months. She was completely shocked (my friend) Bcos she thought the only issue they had was hubby's genetic issue. Her only symptoms were always having painful cramping with AF.

Her next transfer she got her BFP. She's 22 wks now : )

Your appt sounds full on but amazing. You may have answered this but what did he base the 'end' of ur own eggs on?? Was it based on previous cycles & results?? I'm wondering what he'll say to me now in September... Maybe I should mentally prepare myself..
    @Charlie74 im not sure about wazza in particular regarding when they say poor egg quality. But i think the general number is after 4 or more full stim cycles and all the transfers from 4 cycles, they will mention donor ivf. I asked my fs after failed stim cycle 3 and he said its worth doing 1 more but then said after that we might need to move on to de ivf. I think they are also thinking of the $$$ for you, in that after 4 full stims youve prob spent about 15k and so thats a s h i t l o a d of money for the average person to spend so they feel obligated to mention de as many people would be running out of cash by that point in time. I dont think they ever say "no you cant keep trying with your own eggs" or "we know 100% that your eggs will never work". Its more that they are trying to say "if you do keep trying with OE be prepared/understand that it may take a long time, lots more stressful cycles, tww's, disappointments and $$$$$$ to get there". I realised on a practical financial level that 2-3 more own eggs cyckes with borrowed money would nean i wpuld have no way of getting more $ to then turn to DE.
    My dh, who is usually pretty quiet about everything and just does whatever i tell him too ;-) actually told me yesterday that he was proud of me for deciding to take the option that was just more likely to work, even though its not what i originally wanted. (Although, he is probably more just glad that im not a depressed, bedridden, unshowered sasquatch, needing him to bring me icecream and twisties anymore).

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-08-2016),Blossom74  (06-08-2016),Charlie74  (06-08-2016),Tahli  (06-08-2016),winsor  (06-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tahli it was a sonographer who originally suggested I had adenomyosis but wasn't confirmed until I had surgery. FWIW my FS also said the research was inconclusive as to it's effects on fertility. He still treated it though as if it might. From memory adeno can be diffuse or in small spots. Mine was the later (I had 2 small areas on the anterior side of my uterus). The diffuse type is thought to be worse for implantation as if you have some unaffected areas the egg has a better chance to implant. I was on zolodex for 3 months before my fourth transfer which was unsuccesful. The effects are supposed to last up to a year though so it may have unfluenced our succesful cycle BUT I actually got symptoms back (pain) after 3 months and the FS chose to put me on the pill for three months to treat it. He wouldn't do another round of Zolodex as we were doing OE and the risk of shutting down the ovaries was too high (he only did Zolodex the first time because my AMH was so high that I could risk losing some egg numbers). The after OCP cycle was our succesful one. Interestingly the sonographer doing that cycles scans said my uterus was still bulky. Obviously all the treatment wasn't totally succesful but it did reduce and I guess the associated inflammatory response to the adeno was down too.
    As for Wazzas suggestion of California Conceptions as plan B that was the clinic we looked into for our plan B when the FS incorrectly thought DH's sperm was crap. I know they have a 90% succes rate over three transfers (you get three for your fee) and if you want to pop over the the baby center community US site there is a whole thread devoted to it. There is also a specific sub thread for Aussies with lots of info on the clinic. It absolutely saved my sanity reading it when I felt everything was going wrong with my own cycles. I felt there was hope.

Apologies to the ladies that were stressed out after I posted on the double synarel ovulation thing. I can't remember who did the double dose as trigger but I know it was specifically because of the OHSS and probably doesn't work in normal circumstances. Please don't worry about it. I'd hate to think I caused any of the warrior women more stress than they already have.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (09-08-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-08-2016),Blossom74  (06-08-2016),Caesardust  (06-08-2016),Tahli  (06-08-2016),tuxcat  (06-08-2016),winsor  (06-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwellsmum View Post
    What did he say about your nether regions @Tinachris
    Ha he was commenting on my tatts (tiny insignificant ones) and I got all awkward lol

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-08-2016),Blossom74  (06-08-2016),tuxcat  (06-08-2016),winsor  (06-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (06-08-2016),Tahli  (06-08-2016),winsor  (06-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside do the Springhill Hospital still give wazza patients valium before ET or do we gave to get a script filled ourselves before ET.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-08-2016),Blossom74  (06-08-2016),winsor  (06-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinachris View Post
    Ha he was commenting on my tatts (tiny insignificant ones) and I got all awkward lol

He actually yelled out and called my DH in to take a look at everything. My DH was a bit shocked. BIB he was referring yo my cervix too I think

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-08-2016),Blossom74  (06-08-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (06-08-2016),Tahli  (06-08-2016),Tinachris  (06-08-2016),winsor  (06-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwellsmum View Post
    @Heyside do the Springhill Hospital still give wazza patients valium before ET or do we gave to get a script filled ourselves before ET.
    No I had to get a script from Charlotte. Good thing from that is I have about 30 left over

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-08-2016),Blossom74  (06-08-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (06-08-2016),Maxwellsmum  (06-08-2016),winsor  (06-08-2016)