Closed Thread
Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    @Maxwellsmum, I could swear I just heard the sound of a stampede of women rushing through Target's doors in search of orange knickers....
    I reckon with @tuxcat's design skills she can whip us up a snake design. Who can sew.. @winsor? I'd love some orange Warrior Woman Snake Knickers for my transfer in 6 weeks please. I'm pretty sure @gorgeousgeorge would be up for a pair too. @Maxwellsmum you might need to rush to Target and get creative with some textas. Please post a pick afterwards.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-08-2016),Blossom74  (10-08-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (10-08-2016),tuxcat  (10-08-2016),winsor  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @midnite01 good luck

It's been a manic few days here. Monday morning my FS rang me saying they had surgery availability as someone had cancelled, so did I want the spot (on Friday I was told this person had t cancelled, so the next surgery date would be Nov).
    So Monday was spent on be phone, paperwork etc already for surgery on Tues. had the op, they removed 2 cysts, cut out the endo, did a hysterescopy d and c and did the dye test and separated my ovary from my bladder.

I'm now resting at home

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Twiglets For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (10-08-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-08-2016),Blossom74  (10-08-2016),Caesardust  (10-08-2016),faithandhopellove  (10-08-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (10-08-2016),Tahli  (10-08-2016),tuxcat  (10-08-2016),winsor  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blossom74 Was there any indication from your dr about what the pain will be like for you to manage once off Pred. I'm just thinking about you getting pregnant on your first transfer and how to manage the pain as you move through your pregnancy and there's significantly more weight and stress on your joints. Just a thought hun.
    Ive wanted to cancel my tummy hernia op every day since Warrens apt last Friday because it's just so flipping close to this cycle. But I'm going in to have it tomorrow anyway because I know a pregnancy would stretch my tummy so much I'd be in agony in the first trimester. It's interesting how I'm only choosing to have it done now that I'm with Warren.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-08-2016),Blossom74  (10-08-2016),winsor  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    I reckon with @tuxcat's design skills she can whip us up a snake design. Who can sew.. @winsor? I'd love some orange Warrior Woman Snake Knickers for my transfer in 6 weeks please. I'm pretty sure @gorgeousgeorge would be up for a pair too. @Maxwellsmum you might need to rush to Target and get creative with some textas. Please post a pick afterwards.
    hehe Wazza might be lost for words..is that possible??

good luck @midnite01 !!

@Twiglets wow thats huge, rest up and hope the clean out has done the trick! Great you got in early instead of having to wait!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    A few pages back someone was asking about what everyone else did after transfer, this is what my acupuncturist recommended

- breathing practice : Do at least 3 sessions of 10 slow, diaphragm relaxing, belly filling breaths. This will switch your brain out of stress mode and reduce your stress response. In fact you can do this as many times a day as you like. Remember, relax that diaphragm...

- Exercise: You need to get your Qi moving but don't over do it. If you are tired after a work out, you've done too much. Walking is great! I also recommend yoga as it incorporates breath work with movement so it's a win-win. Soft gentle yoga such as restorative or yin yoga would be really great for you at this stage. Don't focus on being the best at each pose, I want you to focus on your breath work. IF you do go to a yoga class tell the instructor that your breath is the most important part of your practice and they will give you pointers throughout your practice.

- I'm always trying to find ways for my patients to relax and when I found float tanks I was like this is amazing. I think they are a great way to de-stress and absorb a healthy dose of much needed magnesium (which is also great for stress).

- Protein intake: aim for a minimum of 30g of protein per day. 10g at all main meals and have nuts or other high protein foods on hand for snack in between. This is important as protein is the base of all cells and you are trying to make a whole lot of cells at the moment.

- avoid raw, cold and/or processed foods: if you are eating anything cold or raw (ie, salads or juices) add a heating elements such as cinnamon or ginger. Stir flying is great as it breaks down the outside of the veggies without losing to much of their nutrients. Try and cook as many meals as you can so you know exactly what goes into your food. Use food as your bloods medicine, the healthier you eat the more nourishment your body will have to assist with creating new life.

- to build your blood try and eat foods that are of a dark red, purple or black colour. Kidney beans, goji berries, plums, etc.

- keep your feet warm: one of the most important channels for reproduction in chinese medicine starts under your feet. So make sure your feet are always covered, especially as it is getting colder in the early mornings and evenings.

- avoid anything/one that you find is negative or draining (at least for a few weeks). Our mind and body react to this kind of stimulation so avoid the news, t.v/movie dramas or people that exhaust you. Hang out with those that make you laugh and only watch things that are of a comedy nature. This will help your body on a subconscious level. So make sure your feet are always covered.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Twiglets For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Flipping heck @Twiglets. Massively tender hugs. Wow, your body has got a good amount of recovering to do. I hope you're getting spoilt, xx.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiglets View Post
    @midnite01 good luck

It's been a manic few days here. Monday morning my FS rang me saying they had surgery availability as someone had cancelled, so did I want the spot (on Friday I was told this person had t cancelled, so the next surgery date would be Nov).
    So Monday was spent on be phone, paperwork etc already for surgery on Tues. had the op, they removed 2 cysts, cut out the endo, did a hysterescopy d and c and did the dye test and separated my ovary from my bladder.

I'm now resting at home

Oh gosh hon, what an ordeal. I'm glad it is over and done with for you now though. Take care and rest up

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (10-08-2016),Rhino  (10-08-2016),winsor  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @Blossom74 Was there any indication from your dr about what the pain will be like for you to manage once off Pred. I'm just thinking about you getting pregnant on your first transfer and how to manage the pain as you move through your pregnancy and there's significantly more weight and stress on your joints. Just a thought hun.
    Ive wanted to cancel my tummy hernia op every day since Warrens apt last Friday because it's just so flipping close to this cycle. But I'm going in to have it tomorrow anyway because I know a pregnancy would stretch my tummy so much I'd be in agony in the first trimester. It's interesting how I'm only choosing to have it done now that I'm with Warren.
    No, he didn't mention that @Tahli Trust me though, the thought has crossed my mind. The thing is, I have to take 4 of these tablets for 4 days, then 4 tablets for 4 days, then 2 tablets for 4 days etc etc. By the time I wean off them I'll be staring down the barrel of a transfer (all being well) and have to start using them again. Not quite sure about that but will discuss it with my FS prior to starting our cycle.

I think you're doing the right thing getting your op out of the way too hon. I hope it goes smoothly for you and your recovery is short and sweet

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-08-2016),Rhino  (10-08-2016),Tahli  (10-08-2016),tuxcat  (10-08-2016),winsor  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Twiglets, your post is really interesting. Some of those things I sort of did last time I had my transfer/got my BFP.

Whilst I didn't 'practise my breathing' per se, I did make a point of taking a garden chair out to the blossom trees and sitting there peacefully for half an hour a day.

I also went for a gentle walk every afternoon (and sometimes in the mornings too.) I had some back pain at that point but allowed myself to sit on people's fences to regain my composure (not that I was racing around, but I was just exhausted because...well...it was early pregnancy!)

I ate pretty much what I felt like but omitted the usual nasties - soft cheeses, shellfish, runny yolks etc. And I washed everything (like salad leaves) extra well. The cat litter was a no-go zone, but for the main part I just tried to relax and enjoy the experience. It was such a nice time for me - until it fell to crap. But that's another story.....

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-08-2016),faithandhopellove  (10-08-2016),Rhino  (10-08-2016),Tahli  (10-08-2016),winsor  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @midnite01, good luck today hon

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-08-2016),winsor  (10-08-2016)