Closed Thread
Page 44 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissDa View Post
    I'm doing okay, not much happening on my end ( apart from near death experiences). Am on EDA hoping to find a new donor, not stressing about it anymore. I'm sure the right person will come along X

So many of us have found donors there, I have no doubt you can too hon

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (09-08-2016),MissDa  (09-08-2016),tuxcat  (09-08-2016),winsor  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    Ok, I'm back

So....BT's show that liver, kidneys, thyroid and basic bloods are all normal. Tested negative for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, but my inflammatory markers which should be between 0 and 2 were 6.5 I said "Sounds about right - I feel inflamed...."

Doc doesn't want to do any further investigations yet because we're heading into IVF territory and possibly (hopefully) pregnancy territory, so prescribed some meds to help reduce the inflammation and said "See how you go with these for a month..."

If no better I'm off for further investigations (MRI, spinal tap) to rule out various possibilities. MS was one of them which he thinks is *highly* unlikely, or possibly fibromyalgia.

Anywho....

Hello old friend, Prednisolone....
    @Blossom74 did you find the aches went away when you are on prednisolone? Because then id say you do have inflamation. Ive got no disc left inbetween my last 2 vertebrae and my lower back aches and is incredibly painful. I thought it was a spinal thing but when i first took prednisolone for ivf, the constant pain TOTALLY disappeared. I actually used to use that thought as a positive when a cycle failed "oh well at least I'll get to take prednisolone again and be able to move, sit, stand, lie down, bend over, pick stuff up without pain." Ive hoarded scripts but the stuffs so awful ive never self prescribed it. But i do like knowing there is something out there i could take to make it disappear if i got really desperate.
    But yeah, if anti-immune/anti inflamatory meds make it go away then its inflammation. P.s. ive tried fish oil, and all other 'natural' stuff and it had no affect. Prednisolone is the only thing thats worked for my back pain. And it worked like a miracle.
    Last edited by gorgeousgeorge; 09-08-2016 at 17:01.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-08-2016),Blossom74  (09-08-2016),faithandhopellove  (09-08-2016),winsor  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BlondeinBrisvegas - Yes I loved her post I had only commented to DH the day before I read it how sick I was seeing breastfeeding mums with it all out over facebook and I was worried for women like myself when I had DD and went through turmoil coming to terms with the fact I couldn't breastfeed. I only managed to bf DD for two months and even then I had to supplement with formula all due to my pcos. You were very lucky to have such a supportive LC, I had a Nazi who made me feel such a failure for not being able to do it. I hate seeing the pictures all over Facebook I worry for first time mums like myself who as you said are made to feel inferior.
    @Billie2 - Sounds like yiu had major dramas too with the bf, big hugs hun. I was told to use a nipple shield and at one point things improved and then another nurse came in and told me to stop using them as my DD needed skin to skin and I was effecting my bond with her - so frustrating. No need to apologise for starting the discusion hun you have every right to duscuss how you feel in here. Mastitis is the worst too never felt as sick as that I had it twice in 3 weeks, that was the end for me.
    @Molros - Thanks hun no frosties as such for me when we got to the clinic 3 were not suitable and we had another which was graded DD 'Desperate and dateless' as Warren calls them so we decided to discard it but apparently there was a mix up and it was frozen. We also found out that we lost 3 straight away through the icsi process in some ways it would be could to leave them to do there own thing through ivf but as we wanted to do PGD we needed icsi. I am in boosters so cant have bt until the 22nd and may poas the day before.
    Its awful how ****e the midwifes can make you feel when you cant bf hun isn't it hun I was the same. If I am lucky enough to go through it again Inhope to be confident and stand my ground.
    Hope you are doing ok hun xx
    @Maxwellsmum - Great thst you got some support from the scientists in making your decision with the embies hun. Its good you have the decision to make though with such good embies. Can I ask why they suggested the 5 graded embies over the 6?
    @gorgeousgeorge - Loved your post with yiur teacher voice you summed it up well.
    @winsor - Great yiur first appointment is booked, one step closer x
    Last edited by Mod-Degrassi; 10-08-2016 at 08:29.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-08-2016),Blossom74  (09-08-2016),faithandhopellove  (09-08-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (09-08-2016),Grace1  (09-08-2016),winsor  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BlondeinBrisvegas lol, your positivity is infectious. Ive lied to my mum about going to athens to do an acient history work related tour. She asked me today what airline im flying with. I said, "bfp airways".

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (09-08-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-08-2016),Blossom74  (09-08-2016),Caesardust  (09-08-2016),faithandhopellove  (09-08-2016),Grace1  (09-08-2016),Heyside  (09-08-2016),LillyM  (10-08-2016),midnite01  (09-08-2016),MissDa  (09-08-2016),Rhino  (09-08-2016),winsor  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside I don't know he just said the day 5's were better than the 6's. That could be just based of my embryos though and other factors with them. I know third world problems right. I really am so lucky still I'm glad the scientist made the call.
    I just told my mum and my mum said can you pick a boy or girl? I was like no mum I don't care anyway but no I can't pick. It's actually illegal in Australia Mum. God love her. It's because she wants a girl

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-08-2016),Blossom74  (09-08-2016),Corbes  (10-08-2016),faithandhopellove  (09-08-2016),gorgeousgeorge  (09-08-2016),Grace1  (09-08-2016),Heyside  (09-08-2016),tuxcat  (09-08-2016),winsor  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousgeorge View Post
    @Blossom74 did you find the aches went away when you are on prednisolone? Because then id say you do have inflamation. Ive got no disc left inbetween my last 2 vertebrae and my lower back aches and is incredibly painful. I thought it was a spinal thing but when i first took prednisolone for ivf, the constant pain TOTALLY disappeared. I actually used to use that thought as a positive when a cycle failed "oh well at least I'll get to take prednisolone again and be able to move, sit, stand, lie down, bend over, pick stuff up without pain." Ive hoarded scripts but the stuffs so awful ive never self prescribed it. But i do like knowing there is something out there i could take to make it disappear if i got really desperate.
    But yeah, if anti-immune/anti inflamatory meds make it go away then its inflammation. P.s. ive tried fish oil, and all other 'natural' stuff and it had no affect. Prednisolone is the only thing thats worked for my back pain. And it worked like a miracle.

Not entirely sure hon cos the pain came on after my last cycle when I was not on the pred. Now that I'll be taking it again it will be interesting to see if it helps

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-08-2016),winsor  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blossom74 well, i sure do hope it does. It would slways take about 3 days of starting it @20milli-whatevers per day and by the 4th day, all fixed.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gorgeousgeorge For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-08-2016),Blossom74  (09-08-2016),winsor  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    With the day 5/day 6 embryos, I *think* that they prefer day 5 over day 6 as they are where they are meant to be at day 5....if they get there by day 6 they freeze them but consider them a bit slower as it took them a day longer to get to where they should be (ie blastocyst stage), if that makes sense? I think I had one or two day sixers frozen
    @Blossom74 glad it was nothing serious and hope you start to feel better soon. 23 more sleeps til September
    @Heyside there seem to be lots of people who have problems BFing and are made to feel useless because of it. Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience too. That's good you can POAS the day before BT, I didn't do that my first cycle and fell apart at work when they told me it was BFN so have always done it since then as I'd rather have a cry with DH at home than lose it at work
    @winsor October is not far away at all, how exciting!

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Molros For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-08-2016),Blossom74  (09-08-2016),faithandhopellove  (09-08-2016),Grace1  (09-08-2016),Heyside  (09-08-2016),Maxwellsmum  (09-08-2016),winsor  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Green lady View Post
    @Blossom74 - this is also me. I never used to be such a hypochondriac when I was younger. I have had bowel cancer ( no I actually didn't) and a tumour on my jaw bone ( no I actually didn't ) and every time I am over thirsty I think I have diabetes! An actual possibility since I have had gestational diabetes twice. The likelihood is it will be nothing serious but it's always hard to convince yourself of that as you worry that if you don't worry something will come and bite you on the a**.

And Google never helps try googling any symptom or medication and it's side effects and I always think "crikey take me to ED now stat, no wait call an ambulance it'll be a faster response".

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-08-2016),Blossom74  (09-08-2016),faithandhopellove  (09-08-2016),winsor  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Molros View Post
    With the day 5/day 6 embryos, I *think* that they prefer day 5 over day 6 as they are where they are meant to be at day 5....if they get there by day 6 they freeze them but consider them a bit slower as it took them a day longer to get to where they should be (ie blastocyst stage), if that makes sense? I think I had one or two day sixers frozen
    @Blossom74 glad it was nothing serious and hope you start to feel better soon. 23 more sleeps til September
    @Heyside there seem to be lots of people who have problems BFing and are made to feel useless because of it. Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience too. That's good you can POAS the day before BT, I didn't do that my first cycle and fell apart at work when they told me it was BFN so have always done it since then as I'd rather have a cry with DH at home than lose it at work
    @winsor October is not far away at all, how exciting!

Yes I think this is right as I do think my day sixes were grown out longer because they were slower. I had a certain amount frozen day 5 then later when I called they said I had a few more.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-08-2016),Blossom74  (09-08-2016),faithandhopellove  (09-08-2016),Heyside  (09-08-2016),winsor  (09-08-2016)