+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    This is me - but I took it to mean am i currently practicing a certain religion ( which I am not even though technically I'm Jewish) so I actually put no religion - same for DS and DH is agnostic anyway ( even though he is "technically " Church of England christened but has never been inside a church!)

I did it online last night - as for privacy they asked less than any rewards programme , bank or even DS school asks on their applications so it didn't worry me , it's info any one could easily find out if they wanted too
    I'm a bit of both I'm ethnically Jewish and sometimes practice the cultural aspects but I don't believe in God.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post

Like having to hobble to a BDM office 3 days post partum because it's not standard to issue the child registration form that allows both of us to be listed as mother in a hospital. Like how hard would it be to ensure hospitals had copies of both?

Anyway I digress majorly! As you all were
    Whaaaaat? How ridiculous! Can you get a form ahead of time just in case?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Have you read up on anything about the privacy issues? There is a lot of information about the privacy surrounding this census and the concerns which differ from usual government departments.
    I've only read the privacy policy on the census website. I truly hope they treat this information same as any other government department

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Have you read up on anything about the privacy issues? There is a lot of information about the privacy surrounding this census and the concerns which differ from usual government departments.
    what are the issues that differ from other departments? the census has it's very own act of parliament that requires it to keep data private so I'm not sure how it would be less secure than other information you provide to government. also, for those who were saying that previous censuses were anonymous, they weren't, you always provided identifying details. they now just keep these details for longer than they used to so they can make better use of the information by matching it with other data sources. i find twhe scare campaign around this really annoying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Is anyone else a total nerd who loves filling in forms like me? We got our paper census delivered yesterday so we will do it the old fashioned way and NOT online. I'm going to fill mine in tonight. I've got no issue with doing it as I find it interesting to see the data.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

bezzy  (08-08-2016),TheGooch  (07-08-2016),YeahYeahYeah  (07-08-2016)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Census 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Is anyone else a total nerd who loves filling in forms like me? We got our paper census delivered yesterday so we will do it the old fashioned way and NOT online. I'm going to fill mine in tonight. I've got no issue with doing it as I find it interesting to see the data.
    I was excited to do my on paper until i realized we need a second book

So I have to do online now too late to order a second one

Thanks
    Reviews
    in case people want to know why identifying information is useful, this article is interesting http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4065038/census-why-the-abs-wants-your-name/?cs=7
    eta article describes improvement to accuracy of indigenous lifespan data with data matching from census.
    Last edited by Meg2; 07-08-2016 at 16:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't consider myself selfish for taking a stand. I actually hope that enough people will do it. The ABS itself decided against retaining names when it was discussed in the past because the data accuracy would take a huge hit - people not being trustful on their census due to privacy concerns - and it wasn't worth it.

All I'm asking for is for retention of names and addresses to be optional as it use to be.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ght-cage-fight

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (08-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Census 2016

With everything I am reading on line at the moment I wonder if woolies and coles have sold out of Alfoil yet.
    Last edited by VicPark; 07-08-2016 at 16:32.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (07-08-2016),Mokeybear  (07-08-2016),Purple Poppy  (07-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post

I'm actually impressed that @RR, @JustJaq and @TandR are on a quest to ensure their information is recorded to correctly reflect their "non-standard" situations. (I haven't phrased this well, but I know you girls get what I mean
    I think (well for me anyway) it's so important to be recognised by the government. I want to be honest and i want my family to be counted as any other family is counted.

The main argument against same sex marriage is that we shouldn't be raising children. If the government can see our families exist and can see how many children have same gender parents, then maybe we could be thought of as actual members of society and not as a "concept" that certain organisations don't agree with.

It's easy to write off a "concept" because it doesn't exist. It's much harder to ignore real statistics.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Candiceo For This Useful Post:

A&S  (07-08-2016),TandR  (08-08-2016)