+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have no problem generally with the census, and understand what it's used for. I'm not happy about providing identified information on a compulsory basis when non-identifiable information would do the job just as well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

BornToBe  (06-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    I have no problem generally with the census, and understand what it's used for. I'm not happy about providing identified information on a compulsory basis when non-identifiable information would do the job just as well.
    I could be wrong but I think the reason they want people to identify themselves is to discourage people being dishonest on the form?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    I could be wrong but I think the reason they want people to identify themselves is to discourage people being dishonest on the form?
    I don't think there's been any real issues with dishonesty on the form (aside from the Jedi religion stuff maybe). There may be a argument that people may be happier giving accuate information if its anonymous. The identification stuff is also more likely to lead to census evasion or refusal, i think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think there's been any real issues with dishonesty on the form (aside from the Jedi religion stuff maybe). There may be a argument that people may be happier giving accuate information if its anonymous. The identification stuff is also more likely to lead to census evasion or refusal, i think.
    Is this the first time that being identified was a requirement? I can't remember from last time. Just remember having the form in the mail.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They'd know the country of birth of my DS's donor? Don't think so ☺
    Which leads me to a question about the census.

So I'm In a same sex relationship, our daughter was conceived with anonymous donor sperm. Both my wife and I are on her birth certificate. I emailed them and said how do we fill it out properly. They said to put birth mother as parent 1 and as much details as we knew of donor for parent 2. WTF? I am her parent 2.

So. How will you be filling it in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by witherwings View Post
    Is this the first time that being identified was a requirement? I can't remember from last time. Just remember having the form in the mail.
    Yes it is. In previous years, it has been optional.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by catemer View Post
    Which leads me to a question about the census.

So I'm In a same sex relationship, our daughter was conceived with anonymous donor sperm. Both my wife and I are on her birth certificate. I emailed them and said how do we fill it out properly. They said to put birth mother as parent 1 and as much details as we knew of donor for parent 2. WTF? I am her parent 2.

So. How will you be filling it in?
    Really? I certainly intend to fill it in with my (female) partner and i as my DS's parents. I haven't done the form yet, but i had the impression from another thread that @Candiceo started, that it seemed to ask for parent details, then ask separately for things about the 'father', eg country of birth. My DS has a donor, not a 'father' so i will be seeing if you can select 'not applicable' or something like that for those questions.

From memory, the census asks for details of all people in the house, and things like what their relationship is to 'Person 1'. I certainly intend that both my DP and i will be listed as parents for DS ( aka 'Person 3' ☺ )

ETA here's the other thread http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=555474
    Last edited by JustJaq; 06-08-2016 at 12:58.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

Candiceo  (07-08-2016),catemer  (06-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm definitely planning on putting DP and myself as the parents. The anonymous donor is not a parent. I think what matters is who is parenting a child surely?
    If they want that kind of detail about the donor they can redesign their census questions to ask it.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (08-08-2016),Candiceo  (07-08-2016),catemer  (06-08-2016),gingermillie  (06-08-2016),JustJaq  (06-08-2016),MsViking  (06-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nette View Post
    What changes don't you like?m
    The fact that it's not anonymous anymore, that they keep your answers against your names, and keep the names for 4 years.

No way will I give so much information about me on such a poorly secured system.

I have participated in the last census happily and didn't think twice about it because it was anonymous.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (06-08-2016),Sonja  (06-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I came from a family of people who refused census (Dutch family, WWII issues) but I don't mind it. I haven't seen how it's done as I haven't got my code yet but I assume there may be a spike in population for the Noname family. As well as their neighbours John and Jane Doe.
    I don't mind the idea of it. I'm actually keen to see the results for my town. Does anyone know when this information becomes accessible?