Hi there,
I am a third year double degree nursing and midwifery student.
It is a requirement of my course to recruit 10 women to a follow through program.
This program enable women to have a midwifery student give advice and be active in their care throughout the course of their pregnancy, labour and birth.
It would be my role as your student to answer any questions you may have, attend antenatal and postnatal appointments, support you through your labour and birth and be a general extra support for you throughout this time.
I have currently completed 7 follow throughs and am looking to recruit a couple more prior to completion of my course.
I have completed all of the content in my course for 'normal' pregnancy, labour and birth and also neonatal complications. This semester I am completing content on complexities in midwifery care and next year we study emergency situations. Therefore, I am have something to give to you!
I have attended many births, many antenatal and postnatal placements and recently completed a special care nursery placement.
I have trained at Sunshine hospital and the Royal Womens.
If you would like an enthusiastic midwifery student to follow you through your pregnancy please feel free to email me at ali_cookson@hotmail.com and I can provide you with any more information you would like!
Thank you