High blood pressure in pregnancy | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default High blood pressure in pregnancy

Hi, I'm not sure if this is in the right section or not.

I'm not pregnant again just yet but will be looking at getting pregnant in the near future.

I had dd in June 2015 & had a fairly rough pregnancy in terms of high blood pressure where I was hospitalised many times during pregnancy & was on a lot of medication. I've never had any issues pre pregnancy with BP & haven't had any since having dd (it all went back to normal).

I had high BP from 16 weeks & ended up with pre eclampsia in the end when I had dd.

I was just curious & this is probably going to help me decide when to try for another baby. For those who have only had high blood pressure during pregnancy, did it happen again for another pregnancy? I'm curious to know if we got pregnant again would I be likely to face the same issues?

If I am I may wait a little longer before trying as it will be exhausting looking after a one & a bit year old while having these issues whilst pregnant.

Just curious to hear others experiences with it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was diagnosed with pregnancy induced hypertension from about 30 weeks pregnant with my first pregnancy (highest dose of medication plus ongoing day stay, 2-3 a week) but it never turned into pre-eclampsia. Unfortunately for me I did get it again with my second pregnancy (18 months apart) and was diagnosed from about 24 weeks (medication and lots of day stays again). It was really hard mainly because my DH couldn't get time off work to look after our ds while I was in hospital so would have to take him with me or my mil would come and stay (for weeks at a time) to help out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately I was also the same as @Happymum2 and got Blood pressure again with my next pregnancy. First 2 pregnancies I didn't have it but the last 2 I did. With DD4 I got it pretty much from when I got pregnant and was on the strongest dose of medication plus bed rest. She was delivered at 36 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had pre eclampsia in my first pregnancy but in my recent pregnancy I didn't. Doc told me to take calcium and low dose aspirin as a precaution. Not sure if that's what did it but bp was great all the way through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Calcium, that's interesting, I haven't heard that before. Great that it worked!

Haven't had PE so can't comment on that, but my blood pressure does tend to creep up in pregnancy. I have had fish or krill oil recommended to me as an easy way to help keep it low.