+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thats crap 😠😠😠
    Last edited by katiana; 07-08-2016 at 22:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nette View Post
    I will be putting down what is on DDs birth certificate (which is my DH). If it's good enough for birth, deaths and marriages it's more than good enough for the census.
    Yeah that's a bit like how my DP was adopted at birth, and he has put the details of his adoptive parents, not his biological. He only knows the name of his birth mother, has no idea who his biological father is. Completely impossible to fill those in, and legally his adoptive parents are/were his 'mother and father' (his adoptive mum died years ago).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by catemer View Post
    I emailed and asked. I was told to record the details of donor as parent 2 and to fill in "to the best of your knowledge". And that I, the non birth mother, was not parent 2.
    That's such BS.
    I've ordered a paper form, we'll be crossing out the bits we need to alter. DD has two parents, myself and DP. Her doner is neither her parent or father!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    Wellll, the children of @Candiceo and i have two mums each... so.... they might guess there's been other involvement ☺ I will look at the wording carefully on the night, as my bub doesn't have a 'father' - he has a donor.

I might start a general thread on the census later.
    Hey @JustJaq i got an official reply from census:

Thank you for your query about the 2016 Census on Friday 5 August 2016.

We apologise for the late reply. If your child has two mothers, list the one that is on the child's birth certificate. For the inquiry about the father, list the country in father was born in.

If you need help or more information, search our online Help. If you can't find the information you're looking for, call 1300 214 531.

Thank you.

Australian Bureau of Statistics

They seem to not be aware that legally there are two mothers listed on the birth certificate. Omg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, @Candiceo, they really have no idea, do they? Both mums are on our DS's birth certificate! And most people using clinic-recruited donor sperm have no idea where their donor was born! Sure, we might know where the donor was when he donated, but that may or may not be where he was born.

I really worry about the data ABS is collecting (or, more accurately, not collecting) re same sex families.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Yeah that's a bit like how my DP was adopted at birth, and he has put the details of his adoptive parents, not his biological. He only knows the name of his birth mother, has no idea who his biological father is. Completely impossible to fill those in, and legally his adoptive parents are/were his 'mother and father' (his adoptive mum died years ago).
    I did the the same as your DP - my birth certificate shows my adoptive parents so this is what I went with