+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Totally get the mixed feelings about it. We have 2 left, I'm pregnant with #2 and both DH & I are pretty sure we're done. However taking the step to let them go is going to be very difficult! We struggled so hard for those embryos!
    I would be open to donation but DH says he couldn't do it, have our children's sibling being raised by another family.
    I guess we'll keep paying the fees for a few years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have DD and another one on the way with (I think) 9 embies left. We pay about $350 a year storage. I've not decided this baby is the last one but it may be as we don't want to stretch ourselves financially but I am just going to keep paying it every year for now. I struggle with what to do with them, I don't want them just destroyed and I think about research but I am not sure what they do to them. I struggle because these are potentially DD's siblings. I also think about donation but DH isn't comfortable and if I am 100% honest I am not sure if I am either. It's a hard one for sure. I now understand why the clinics try not to overstim people and end up with lots of embies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladies you are all so loving for thinking about donating your snokeflakes without couple like you, couple like me who have stuggle with infertility for many years or not lucky enought to get lots of good eggs and embryos to freeze,We couldn't fulfill their dream of becoming parents, I would so be excited if i had an offer it would be like winning the lotto goodluck for meJojo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am just talking about this on the other forum. I can say the exact same words. I paid the storage for our first stim while I took a break from IVF. That didn't stick. Now with this stim, we got DS and two left over. At the time, i didn't think it was that many as I really wanted back up. It was a lot to organize for an interstate IVF especially stim. Now, We don't know what to do with the left over. DH actually suggested me to donate. I am keen as well. Just don't know the laws very well in our case. The last I asked. A no in nsw but ok in WA. I know a lady who struggled and would love to help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @jo-anne.36: did u find someone to donate?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've had one in storage for 11 years now, in the uk (I had cancer at the time) Left the uk on 07 and conceived DS in 09. Would love to donate but apparently you have to donate more than one. Not sure what to do, don't want to destroy but I don't want another child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi bb im sure im searching for embryos i sent you a pm i hope you don't mind Jojo

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi there LIM not you can donate your 1 snoke flake any couple would be happy it only takes the right embryos to take im so sorry to hear about your BC are you are alright now Jojo

Thanks
    Reviews
    A gorgeously generous bubhubber donated her 3 excess embryos to me. An incredibly special gift indeed. It's a tough call to donate possible 'future siblings'. It's interesting that a few of your DHs were the ones to say they couldn't do it. Good luck with your decisions girls, .

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (21-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi there and congratulation Tahi did you have any luck Jojo