+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Reneeharry. Hope the same for you. Have you tried the fb support group. They know a lot about the iherb site and things thst you can takecand avoid

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilbub4us View Post
    Thanks @Reneeharry. Hope the same for you. Have you tried the fb support group. They know a lot about the iherb site and things thst you can takecand avoid
    Thanks it won't be for a few years I only had bubs in Jan. No which one is it?

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hi ladies, anyone still around?

We TTC with my partner last year and she ended up having at least two chemicals and a miscarriage at 10 weeks. Bub seemed fine so it made me suspect mthfr. Just got results back and she has the homozygous c677t mutation.

Looks like her particular mutation means she will definitely need to switch to active folate and B vitamins, and she will probably need blood thinners throughout pregnancy. We will be TTC at the end of the year so will hang around in here to ask what I'm sure will be many questions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rainbow road,
    I'm hetero c677t and am 24 weeks after an earlier miscarriage this year. The folate is so important and I was on Heparin until 22 weeks so happy to answer any qs you may have. Wishing you and partner luck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dani251 For This Useful Post:

rainbow road  (26-09-2016)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dani251 View Post
    Hi Rainbow road,
    I'm hetero c677t and am 24 weeks after an earlier miscarriage this year. The folate is so important and I was on Heparin until 22 weeks so happy to answer any qs you may have. Wishing you and partner luck
    Congratulations! Very exciting. I am glad we at least have a probable explanation for the pregnancy losses last year. I'm 38 weeks with our second but DP is keen to get the ball rolling soon in case it takes us a while to get pregnant, so thought I should gather the information now!

What folate do you take?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you and I'm so sorry to hear of your losses. I've been there with partner and its devastating. It's great to get some clarity around possible causes tho.
    I take seeking health prenatal, which I order from iHerb. It's been fantastic for me. I can't fault it. You might even take a top up metylfolate as well as the prenatal, as I did. I took 1000 mcg per day for first trimester and now on the 600mcg provided for by the prenatal.
    The heparin is also really easy once you're into the swing of it. I also took baby aspirin, which I'm glad of now as the benefits really can be gained in the first 12 weeks...

Thanks
    Reviews
    And my congratulations on your pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dani251 View Post
    Hi Rainbow road,
    Hi Dani

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I'm also hetero c677t, we have just started ttc for our second baby.

Did your gp prescribe the baby aspirin? I'm so confused, I saw a haematologist a few weeks back and he said not to take baby aspirin.

I have a pre conception appointment in 2 weeks with a high risk ob who apparently know a bit about MTHFR so hopefully I can get some clarity.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sarah Jane!
    It is so confusing, don't worry! I did so much research and there are lots of different opinions among the medical profession about either/or aspirin or heparin/clexane and they do have two different mechanisms. However my doc's take on it was, the baby aspirin is no harm and research shows it may some be significant good so take it. It also is linked to a reduction in the risk of pre eclampsia. That's why I took it.
    If you have any more questions or would like to PM me, please feel free. It is a lot to research!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I meant "there may be some significant good to taking it"!