How did you overcome the hurdles of a 3rd & went for it? | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon2be4 View Post
    A big consideration I had when thinking of more children was what do I picture myself like later in life. I was actually very content with 2, I have 2 hands, we have one each, they have a friend and it's easy. But.. When I am old or even in a few years what did I want for my life. Sure we could travel and have nice things if we stuck with 2 but what was more important to me was a full house of people. I have always imagined myself surrounded by children. Times when they are young are hard but those years move so quick!
    They do, don't they! My eldest went off to school and its crazy how much I don't see her now and find the house lonely during the day (my youngest is still at home with me)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I would just do it.

Even though your home is small could you rent your home out and move somewhere bigger to create some equity? That is what we have done...

I think you can afford it if you do public schooling, adjust holidays eg maybe just camping bike riding I'm not sure on income but I do think OS holidays is very doable.

A second hand bigger car etc good luck
    Apart from visiting my parents we haven't been on a holiday since my eldest (5) was born as we have been so focused on getting ourselves back on track financially. I'd be happy with any kind of holiday- but in that same sense we could have more money but I chose to work not as many hours so i can be home with them.

I would look at moving, but the rent is pretty much to the same as our mortgage at the moment so not sure if worth the hassle.
    Thanks Monnie24!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    I have struggled with the idea of affording a third child. Thankfully we upgraded our house last year so we don't have the issue with fitting everyone in. Our car is also suitable but we'll have to juggle with seats to fit 3 across the back when the time comes.

I worry about logistics and family possibly being less willing to help. I realize this is a luxury and others don't get any help, but I don't think grandparents would be so willing to take 3 during school holidays as they have been taking my 2 dd's.

For me, the concept of a third is a funny feeling. It's not the same desperation I had with number 1 and 2. But I think about when I am old, and on my death bed (yes I'm getting deep lol) and when I look around I want to see all of my "people" and I imagine 3 of them looking back at me. Not just 2. So I guess we suck up the extra financial strain and all the busy-ness that comes with 3 because in the long term it will be worth it.

I was fortunate enough to get a natural bfp this week, so I am counting my blessings! After having gone through 4 ivf cycles and 2 miscarriages to get my daughters.

Good luck with your decision. Sometimes I think we sweat the small stuff and need to think of the bigger picture.
    Congrats!! That's how i feel to, I definitely wanted a 1st and 2nd, but didn't feel like urge and desperation for a 3rd.

& you are prob right! But i overthink everything, I think!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    We're the same small 3 bedder but then I remember people of my parents and grandparents age often had large families in houses smaller than mine now
    Funny you say that, I just visiting an old historical village for a school excursion last week and was thinking how small their houses were in the 1930's and they used to have like 10+ kids then too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolier View Post
    Funny you say that, I just visiting an old historical village for a school excursion last week and was thinking how small their houses were in the 1930's and they used to have like 10+ kids then too!
    We currently live in a 5 bedroom house with 3 kids. It's over 90 years old and when we first moved to the property the original homestead was still standing. That was a 2 room building and I know that the family that lived in it (they were family) had 11 kids. The house we lived in they moved to the property the year they had their twins who I think were number 5 and 6.
    No way would I have fitted 6 kids in that house!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

nicolier  (05-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How did you overcome the hurdles of a 3rd & went for it?

We have two boys and are currently expecting our third child. Money is money, it doesn't necessarily bring happiness. Children definitely bring happiness. If you can afford to feed and cloth a third, love and care for a third. Then I say go for it. The size of my house wouldn't be a deciding factor on the size of my family. As long as they are loved and cared for they won't care if they share their room with their siblings as a child.

I'd say go for it if it's something you want deep down. Good luck with your decision. X
    Last edited by Lovemysons; 05-08-2016 at 15:29.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemysons For This Useful Post:

nicolier  (08-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    We currently live in a 5 bedroom house with 3 kids. It's over 90 years old and when we first moved to the property the original homestead was still standing. That was a 2 room building and I know that the family that lived in it (they were family) had 11 kids. The house we lived in they moved to the property the year they had their twins who I think were number 5 and 6.
    No way would I have fitted 6 kids in that house!
    Your house sounds like my dream kind of house!!! I love old homesteads

10. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

WinterJade  (06-08-2016)