+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 99 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Muchulu1 so glad all went well today! You'll be out if the danger zone and into your second tri before you know it!
    Blame the weight on stress!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

Muchulu1  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news @Muchulu1 you must be so relieved! I'm sure your name looks familiar as well, did we cycle together earlier this year?
    @hopefull29 I'm in newcastle nsw. My obs fees last time were $180 as the initial fee and $2300 for the management fee. I got $495 back for that and maybe half of the $180 as I was over the safety net with the Ivf. I had a $500 hospital excess and that's it. This time, the same obs is still $180 to start with and now $2500 and I'll have the hospital excess again so not too bad. My other obs appointments are bulk billed (which is part of the reason I picked him as it would be a pain to have to fork out more money every couple of weeks) and my anaesthetist at the hospital was also bulk billed. The paed that checked DD also said to expect a bill of about $200 in the mail but said since I'd be over the safety net, I wouldn't be much out of pocket but I never saw a bill from her.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

ilex  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annerley that's great, unfortunately in Melbourne I think they're all around the 5k mark. Oh well I'll discuss my options with FS next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 I worked out we'd be out of pocket about $2000 going private. The fact that our Medicare safety net has kicked in makes all the difference. Did your calculations take the safety net into consideration?
    In saying that I'm still not 100% on going with OB led care. Part of me wonders if i will feel more comfortable going public with midwife led care at a birthing centre.
    @Annerley Welcome! Yes I recognize your name from some of the IVF threads. I've been cycling pretty much back to back since last November. Sounds like this pregnancy is spot on! Wishing you a healthy pregnancy.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muchulu1 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (09-08-2016),hopefull29  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 no I didn't take into account the safety net. Didn't think of it actually. Maybe I'll do some more research. Thanks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annerley hello!!! Happy to see you here! Congratulations!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 good point re: safety net. OB fees are typically due around week 20, so that would be in 2016. With DS I got pregnant in November and fees were due March so no safety net.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (10-08-2016),Muchulu1  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 It makes such a big difference! Atm my ultrasounds are fully covered & my OB visits are only $7. The safety net will also be applied to my OB management fee which is payable at 20wks. It should be the same for you because the safety net goes by calendar year.
    Anyway, I think it's important not to be seduced by the private system. Just because we have PHI doesn't mean we're best served using it. There are so many options out there! It is such a hard decision!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Muchulu1 For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was pregnant with DD, the max rebate for obs fees was $495 but that may or may not have changed since 2014. Since the obs fees generally put everyone straight over the safety net, I think you generally get the maximum amount back regardless of other medical expenses that year. The safety net definitely comes in handy with any later scans you need and doctors appointments. Since we've had two FETs this year, we are only out of pocket $7 on any GP appointments, once we get the Medicare rebate back. It's come in handy since my Ivf referral ran out during this last FET and then I needed to go back for an obs referral.
    In that way I think it would have been good if the obs fees weren't due til next year so we could have two years of reaching the safety net but so long as we are having our miracles, not much else matters

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 I'll definitely look into it. Thanks heaps. If my FS will be back from Mat leave I'll probably consider it. Will ask her next week.

I've just arrived for my final BT. Feeling pretty icky this morning so hoping it's a good sign.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

Muchulu1  (10-08-2016)