+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So Benson said they won't do MRI until I am at least 13 weeks and definitely no contrasting dye. I feel comfortable with that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's fair enough! It'll be here before you know it and hopefully you'll have some answers!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (06-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies hope you're all travelling well. Just thought I'd give you an update.
    Our results from the d&c came back and the baby was chromosomally abnormal which explains the miscarriage. Turner's syndrome (which means it was a girl).
    We got 7 embryos pgs tested. 2 came back inconclusive, 1 with no result (so could retest them in the future if needed), 1 came back abnormally and 3 came back normal!! We're really excited that we have 3 chances at our second bub.
    I still have HCG in the system and a blood clot that I need to pass, but once that is sorted we'll be able to try again. Hopefully all of that happens with my next period. If not we'll probably cycle next year. So just waiting for my AF to come then we get bloods and a scan at Day 4.

Anyway, I'll pop in and keep you guys updated. And look forward to seeing how you all go with your beautiful babies. Xx

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Gypsy37  (06-10-2016),julianicholson  (06-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts thank you so much for keep us updated. I'm so glad you've got answers now, still sucks but I'm hoping having these results will give you some closure. Having 3 normal embryos is an amazing result of the pgd testing! Congratulations on such a good result. I hope your hcg levels drop with your next period. It's certainly taking some time! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts that is wonderful that you have 3 perfect embies- yay! And there could even be more- so exciting! Not long now and you'll be doing another FET, so happy for you. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefull29 View Post
    @lotsathoughts thank you so much for keep us updated. I'm so glad you've got answers now, still sucks but I'm hoping having these results will give you some closure. Having 3 normal embryos is an amazing result of the pgd testing! Congratulations on such a good result. I hope your hcg levels drop with your next period. It's certainly taking some time! xx
    Thank you it is really good having answers. It was just a case of a bad egg and we have hope for the future! Still very heartbreaking but I'm processing it more each day. How's your morning sickness? Miss you girls, it's nice popping in xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy37 View Post
    @lotsathoughts that is wonderful that you have 3 perfect embies- yay! And there could even be more- so exciting! Not long now and you'll be doing another FET, so happy for you. Xxx
    Thanks Gypsy! It's so good to know we have multiple chances with tested eggs. And reassuring to know that once pregnant the mc rates drop dramatically. Just need to jump that hurdle. I'm impatient and get over the IVF waiting process but am feeling positive now. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF babies due March/April/May 2017

@lotsathoughts I'm pleased to hear you're managing to process it more each day. My morning sickness is still here in full swing. I'm no longer waking at 2am with it though so very relieved about that. I've had a few better days this week so hoping it's a sign of it starting to ease.
    We miss you too, pop in as much as you feel as though you can. We're all dying to hear when you'll have some exciting news!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (07-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 I'm 12 weeks +3 today! Only 2 more days till my scan! Very excited and nervous!

AFM the few days have been super exciting with the birth of my gorgeous little niece on Thursday! First-time aunt for me and first time grandparents for my parents so it is a pretty special time. It's funny last night when I went to visit my sister in law was saying 'this will be you in 6 months' and for a moment I was like 'what?'. Clearly it still hasn't really hit me that this is really happening lol! Just praying for some good news that everything looks fine at the scan on Monday then might start buying a few things to try and get myself more mentally prepared.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Positivity For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (08-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So good to hear you are all going so well ladies!
    im glad things are getting easier for you @lotsathoughts and congrats on the 3 normals. I had my follow up appointment with my FS a couple of weeks ago and she suggested testing for our next cycle too, just because it's advanced so much since I did IVF back in 2013 where you could only test of a specific genetic condition. Also be as we haven't had a lot of luck with our fets. She also said it increases the pregnancy rate if you are transferring a normal embryo, which is good news since we've already had 3 from 4 transfers resulting in a pregnancy. It also halves the miscarriage rate, which is fantastic!!
    My test results showed a random chromosome fault so not an actual condition so just one of those things but that's the common result when the baby barely develops. They also tested it for triploidy, which came back all clear. Apparently having a triploidy baby once means there's greater chance of it happening again is how I understood it. I also had a blood test, which tested me for immune issues, clotting issues and chromosomal problems and I should get those results next week. I've also already had af, it arrived 33 days after the d&c.
    Overall we are still deciding whether we will do it all again anyway. At this stage we are both really enjoying DD and being a family of 3 and have no desire to go through IVF again. We don't need to make any final decisions yet as we might change our minds in a couple of years but I'm really enjoying the break from it all! It's exactly what we've needed after a tough year! Anyway I'm off to the play school concert with DD now, the things you get excited over as a parent
    Last edited by Annerley; 08-10-2016 at 07:39.