+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 100 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Muchulu1 - That is exciting! Since I don't have an OB this time, I have to wait for my 12 weeks scan which is AGES away. It's September 8th - literally another month.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Muchulu1  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ilex glad to know your symptoms aren't always there too. I guess I'm not really feeling 100% most days too. I guess I'm lucky I'm getting some nausea free days, but what I'd really love is just one spew a day to let me know all is ok then feel fine for the rest of the day. Haha not going to happen I don't think. Oh well I'll take the symptoms I can get.
    I've had so many cancellations today at work which means I've now got a 4 hour lunch break. Totally going to have nap (I don't nap unless I'm really sick normally).

I reckon your weight gain will be the increase in carbs. I think that's what mine is too actually. I forgot I was also snacking on rice crackers most days. I'll see how I go with natural almonds instead of the rice crackers and today I managed a green smoothie for breakfast rather than toast.

We certainly do have the rest of our lives to lose weight, breast feeding will help also if you're planning on bf. But your starting weight is pretty low anyway so I wouldnt be too concerned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's always the damn carbs! Why must they be so yummy??

Re: BF - I hope you are one of the lucky ones.

I didn't lose a gram BFing. I lost half the baby weight in hospital (most fluid), but the second half took ages to come off. In fact, my body held on to the remaining weight until DS was fully weaned. (Sadly, he self weaned at 7 months.) As soon as my cycle came back, the weight started moving. I just didn't have enough time between weaning and FET to lose the rest. C'est la vie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol my body normally prefers low carbs but now all it wants its carbs. Before falling pregnant I was pretty strict paleo. I'm allergic to dairy, gluten makes me feel sick and sugar causes me inflammation so easier to just eat paleo. Maybe I'll research some paleo snacks.
    I hope I'm one of the lucky ones with BF then, I thought everyone lost weight BF. I bet I'm not one of the lucky ones!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sure you'll be fine... I think I"m just unlucky LOL

I typically try to avoid refined carbs myself. It's been hard with a little one in the house, not sure what I'd feed him some nights without bread. The kid loves toast, french toast and just plain bread. He's a carb lover like his very slim dad.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies- nice to see a thread, doesn't look like there's been an Ivf dig for a few months. I'm 6wks 5days today and due 30th March with #2. I was in a dig with @lotsathoughts back in 2014 so it's nice to share this with you again @ilex I remember chatting to you on another thread recently where you asked about FET success after having first time luck with a fresh cycle and here you are (and I finally am too)! Congrats to everyone here!!

Just a bit of background from me- we have mfi, mostly lowish sperm count and ttc naturally for about 9mths before investigating further as my cycles were still off track after stopping the pill. To my surprise, my tests all came back clear but we were given an answer, which lead us to Ivf. We were lucky to have first time success and have a daughter who turned 2 in June. We had 4 blasts on ice as our other wasn't freeze quality. At the end of last year, we did FET #1, which resulted in an ectopic. Initially it looked like a chemical pregnancy but then it dragged on so my low climbing levels were finally high enough for a scan at 7wks. I had the mtx shot the following day, which fortunately resolved it and no surgery was needed. FET #2 was a bfn as af arrived on day 23/24 and it's never early, a blood test showed low progesterone so the embryo didn't even get a chance. We also lost one in the thaw that time. We had one embryo left and this time instead of doing a natural FET like the others, we added progesterone,which I'm still on now.

So far my betas have been:
    8dp5dt 57
    11dp5dt 370
    16dp5dt 4049
    21dp5dt 21500

The numbers started low but apparently fine for 13dpo but the doubling has been quick. I had to have an early scan last week at 6 weeks since I have the ectopic in my history and it showed everything was measuring on track and the sac was in the right spot. Official dating scan is in just under 2 weeks. I'm still cautiously crossing my fingers that our last little bean stays strong!

Nice to meet you all!
    Last edited by Annerley; 09-08-2016 at 20:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have booked in to go private again. I was happy with my last experience and was only out of pocket just over $2k (not including PHI premiums). I'd definitely have to think twice if it was super expensive. I was lucky to get a room with a double bed last time so DH and I stay in comfort and now my hospital has a relationship with crowne plaza so we can stay a couple of nights there after a night or 2 in hospital and DD can stay also if we want her too.
    @hopefull29 you might be lucky with the weight loss. I put on just under 12kg when pregnant with DD and when I got home from hospital when she was 5 days old, I was 4kg up on my pre pregnancy weight. When I was home and moving around more, the fluid shifted and a week or so later, I had 1kg to go. I wasn't really concerned as I'd lost a couple of kgs prior to Ivf but the last kg finally went a couple of weeks later. I'm not counting my chickens that I'll be as lucky this time now that my body will be stretched for a second time and I'm not in my 20s anymore but all worth it of course.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (09-08-2016),ilex  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Annerley welcome. Sounds like you've been through a lot to get here. Congratulations! Sounds like you're going great. Must have been a relief to see that the embie had implanted in the right spot!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls!
    9+3 today. All went well at the OB. Got to see little bub 😊. I still find it hard to believe I am finally pregnant!! It has been such a long journey. OB was lovely. He told me I can call anytime i need even if it's just because I feel too good! Next visit is for the 12wk scan.
    On the topic of weight... The midwife weighed me today. Officially the heaviest I've ever been🙊. Oh well...lets just hope I get lucky with the BF.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Muchulu1 For This Useful Post:

ilex  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's not much out of pocket at all. I'd be very happy to pay that. It's just 5k plus is getting a little exy. Where are you located?
    I'm not really worried about the weight loss, I lose weight pretty quickly when I'm focused. I can also gain 5kg in a weekend of eating crap. Lol. My body is pretty sensitive to foods, will retain fluid like crazy if I feed it the wrong things!