+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF babies due March/April/May 2017

@hopefull29, yay for a perfect scan, so exciting. @lotsathoughts, I'm sure the HCG will be gone soon, that's exciting for you.
    Welcome to all the new ladies.
    I just bought a Doppler off gumtree, seriously best $50 I ever spent. Found Bubbles heartbeat in a couple of minutes, and has totally put my mind at ease. Now I don't need to go to the OB every 10 days to relieve my anxiety
    I'm weaning off my progesterone pessaries and was really nervous about it but I called my OB and she said it was really fine and was very reassuring, so that's good.
    Hope you're all having a lovely weekend, I'm not doing much at all, it's bloody freezing so I'm going to snuggle up on the couch with a book.
    Xx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gypsy37 For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (25-09-2016),lotsathoughts  (24-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bubbles21 Oh dear! I guess it is all worth it in the end though hey!
    @hopefull29 That sucks! My fingers are crossed for you too! I have been lucky not too experience any morning sickness so far, although it does increase my anxiety that nothing is happening so I guess you can't win. Really hope you feel better soon.
    @Gypsy37 That's so cool about the Doppler! Might have to look into getting one! Think I would freak if I couldn't find anything though. Are they easy to use?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Gypsy37 very cool about the Doppler! I looked at them but I think I'm going to restrain myself. I would totally freak out and go into a major panic attack if for some reason I couldn't find the HB.
    But if it's working for you to feel more at ease that's great! How many weeks are you now?
    @Positivity I can totally relate to being anxious without symptoms. Before my MS started I was begging for it. Lol. I loved it for the first 2-3 weeks but then slowly started to get a little frustrated with it. I'm ready for it to go now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those that have started telling people do you find it a bit awkward? For some reason I feel very uncomfortable telling people were pregnant. Even though we're both clearly over the moon telling friends I get really anxious. Telling family was easy but.
    I can't work out why, DH also feels a bit awkward telling people. Haha maybe we're just a bit strange.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 The only people I've told so far are people who knew I was doing IVF. My family knew as soon as I got a BFP as they knew when everything was happening and everyone else I have told later as they have enquired how things are going which is just a few close friends, my boss, and a few work colleagues. After I got my confirmed BFP I did avoid them for about a week (as anything could still happen) and then was on holidays for 2 weeks so by the time I got back I had heard the heartbeat and was about 8 weeks along. I do think I will probably find it weird to tell other people when the time comes! Was just saying the other day to a friend that I actually have no desire to really tell anyone at work (those who don't know already anyway!) I'm not sure how you just bring that up in conversation and then of course most of them know I am single so would have to probably go into how it all happened. I'm sure eventually it will be obvious but probably will have to day something sooner or later! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Positivity I found it really easy to use, I watched a you tube video that shows you have to start really low down and press quite firmly, it only took me about 2 minutes to find the heartbeat the first time. @hopefull29, I know what you mean about freaking out if you couldn't find the heartbeat, but I told myself that sometimes you my not find it, depending upon where bubs is lying. So hopefully I won't freak out if that does happen. I'm only planning on using it every few days, just for reassurance. I'm 10 + 6. @hopefull29 I hope you start feels g better soon. I too am over feeling like total crap. I'm not vomiting, thankfully, but always feeling really sick and I just cannot cope with any smells or any food that is strong smelling, it's torturous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Positivity I'm also single so totally get the hesitation. Everyone that knows me both at work and outside of work knows that since I was young I always wanted to have a donor child so it won't really be a surprise to anyone lol. I don't think I'd even get any questions because of how much I've talked about it in the past. But if you've never discussed it I can imagine it would be more difficult to discuss. You can always just say it's a much wanted baby and leave it at that if you don't wanna go into the details with people at work feel free to pm me if you ever wanna chat about any hurdles faced doing this as a single mum

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Positivity I can imagine the questions you'll get if they know that you're single. Some people just have no filter. With my work colleagues I've had a few ask the standard question "were you trying long" my response is always yeah we ended up going through IVF and I actually enjoy seeing them feel a little uncomfortable with my response but really it's none of their business how long we were trying lol. It's like they really don't know what to say to my response. Gets the conversation over pretty quickly.
    @Gypsy37 that's so cool you found the HB within a few minutes. I'm seriously reconsidering my decision to not buy one. I think you've got a good attitude if you don't find a HB it's most likely bubs position.
    I also hope you're starting to feel better soon too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gypsy37 Thanks for the info! I was talking to my sister in law today and apparently she has one. She is due to give birth in a few weeks so might see if I could borrow theirs once they are done with it.
    @bubbles21 Great to meet another single person going down the donor road! I know it is much more accepted these days but I still find it a bit awkward to talk about. People close to me have known this was my plan for a while so it was easier to tell them. But as for everyone else I guess we'll just wait and see! I don't plan on saying anything for a while anyway. Is this your first baby as well? I was just thinking that I might call the clinic tomorrow and see what the chances are of using the same donor again in the future. Given the difficulty getting good eggs this time, my FS said that if I wanted another child in the future then I couldn't wait too long. Feels so rushed! Will have to wait and see how this one goes first I guess, although I would definitely more than one child.
    @hopefull29 I'm trying to prepare myself for what questions they might ask! I need to have a tactic like yours that keeps the conversation short and sweet lol! I actually don't think anyone at work will care that much. They are a really great group of people and would be happy for me I'm sure. I think there will definitely be questions though so will come up with some quick answers I think.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Positivity For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (26-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Positivity no this is my second. I have a 3.5 year old with my ex husband (biggest mistake ever! Should have stuck with donor Ivf like I wanted to at the start). When I got a bfp, my clinic asked me whether I wanted any extra vials of my donors sperm put aside for me for future use. Perhaps you can see if your clinic would do the same