Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    👍 woohoo! Good feeling isn't it!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (08-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 - My 2 cents re: public v. private...

I agree there is a strong push by FS to go private. I'll admit with DS, public didn't even cross my mind. What did was the thought of an overcrowded, understaffed maternity ward - and giving birth in a corridor. We'd been paying for PHI, so I went private.

Would I do it again? No.

Private gave me the comfort I (thought I) needed with my first birth. I loved my OB - she was fantastic, but I was underwhelmed with the hospital service. For what we paid out of pocket, I think it was crap - to be honest. I think we spent close to 10k (5k OB, 2k PHI premium surcharge, 1500 hospital charges (epidural and random crap), and 1k in scans and tests).

I won’t be here to deliver with this pregnancy, but will be doing shared care with my GP. If I was delivering here – I’d do the same. Getting to know women from work, mothers group etc. who went public, I am confident you get the same service, if not better. The only downside is a shared room – and I tell you – the private rooms can be just as loud if you’re in a room near the kitchens or a busy corridor.

If you live close to a public hospital with a good reputation, I say go for it. You could spend that money is so many other ways. And keep in mind, if you have any seriously complications, you’ll likely end up at the public hospital anyway. But no one will fault your decision, you do what works for you.

As a side note, I must say DS is one today, and I’ve been really emotional. Where has my little baby gone?! We had a birthday for him yesterday at home, it was so much fun, but I am still exhausted from the preparation and clean-up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ilex happy birthday to ds! I bet the first year goes so quickly!!
    Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. It's put my mind at ease. The more I think about it the more I think I'll just go public. I rang the public hospital and asked to book in but I've gotta get a referral from my GP. I got some email replies from some obs I emailed over the weekend and the cheapest said 5k out of pocket. That's a lot of baby good!

Do you think the IVF clinic will give me my blood results? I think I'll go to my GP this week/early next week to get the referral. Otherwise I'll just wait until my FS which is the same day as my scan.

It's all so confusing! I kinda feel like the IVF clinic dont really give you enough info after a BFP. Maybe they will after my viability scan but I much prefer info upfront and early.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

ilex  (08-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 I'm sure the IVF clinic will give you a copy of any results you want. I think it's pretty standard practice for them forward your file to your selected OB, GP or midwife after the 7wk scan. Would be helpful if they gave you a heads up on what happens following BFP. Our clinic sent me a package in the mail 2 days after BFP & it outlined everything that was to happen from 4-8wks. It was quite helpful.
    @lotsathoughts Congratulations on the digi. I bet that feels great!!
    @ilex Happy Birthday to your DS!

AFM- Had a very relaxing weekend at our farm down south.
    Got my first OB appt. tomorrow morning. Will get to see our little bub for the second time. Very excited!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muchulu1 For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (08-08-2016),ilex  (08-08-2016),lotsathoughts  (09-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a copy of my file when I went in for my 7 week scan. My precious OB was copied on everything.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (08-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 thanks Hun. Sounds like a nice weekend. All the best for your appt tomorrow. Hope bubs behaves for the scan and you get a good look. How many weeks are you now?
    @ilex cool, hopefully I get a copy but if not I'll definitely ask them to send it to my GP and hospital I choose.

Is anyone else on crinone still? I'm 6 weeks tomorrow and feel so bloated! Doing yoga tonight I even had to modify my poses. I've also gained 1.5kg over the last week and my food intake hasn't really changed, if anything portion sizes have decreased as I'm just not hungry. The only thing is I've gone from having smoothies for breakfast to some gf toast. I don't normally eat bread/grains but at the moment it's really all I can handle first thing in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck t your appointment @Muchulu1
    Let us know how bub is looking.
    @hopefull29 I'm still on Crinone until at least my first scan at 8 weeks. My belly has never really gone down to be honest. Might weigh myself when I get home from camp to compare.

Omg camp id exhausting!!! Kids were still awake at 11:30. I prob got to sleep at 1ish and I'm walking up and down hills all day!!! So glad I get to leave at 3:30pm today and don't have to do the second night. So hard when people don't know. They sent me off on a hunt for late kids...I'm thinking can't someone else go. Just want to sit down

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts you poor thing. But glad you're going home today to hopefully relax.

My symptoms have disappeared again today, breasts aren't tender/heavy and nausea has gone. The only thing that is consistent is fatigue. Still bloated but pretty sure that's just a crinone symptom. It's so weird. It freaks me out a little but dr Google tells me it can be normal. Final BT tomorrow can't wait. Then just one more week until my first scan.

Is anyone else getting symptoms one day and then nothing the next day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am with you ladies on the weight gain… I’m 8 weeks, and have already put on 1.5kgs. I’m going to blame the nausea, because I’m not eating much. Definitely less than I was before, and no wine, but lots more carbs. I am going to be MASSIVE. I put on 2kg during my fresh cycle with DS, but didn’t gain any weight until I was into my 2nd trimester. Although, I was VERY bloated, and looked pregnant from EPU which never went away – my belly just caught up.

Happy weight: 68kg
    Starting IVF: 71kg (gained due to infertility stress)
    Preg with DS: 73kg (gained due to drugs)
    Preg with #2: 74kg
    Current: 75.5 kg

I am trying to tell myself I have the rest of my life to lose the weight.
    @hopefull29 – Mine are all over the place. I had a couple weeks with really bad nausea, but now it comes and goes. Not that I ever feel great, but I’m not eating cruskits all day like I was.