+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Some of it is brown and some is bright red. It's so odd. I had bleeding with my previous pregnancy but it was a bit earlier and not accompanied by cramping

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @bubbles21 you poor thing, what a worry for you!
    Firstly with the stabbing pains, they can be ligament pains from stretching and growing like the others said. With my pregnancy with DD, I also felt like someone was stabbing me with a knife up you know where quite a few times, apparently they call it lightening crutch (pleasant, huh?) and it's a common pregnant symptom but just really annoying. I also had brown when I wiped with DD a couple of times, it was old blood from everything stretching and settling apparently. With this last pregnancy, every so often I felt like I'd wet myself, not a huge gush but enough, I think it was due to the pessaries so if you are on meds, that could be it and brown is normally nothing to worry about and can also be due to an irritated cervix from the meds.
    With pregnancies, apparently hematomas are quite common. It's like a pocket of blood that eventually escapes and is often red but nothing that can harm the baby I believe. It just needs to come out at some point.
    I don't know if any of this is helping but I just wanted to let you know that there could be a possible explanation for it all and I'm really hoping that's the case for you too. I understand your thoughts regarding the scan. I can remember when I had the first lot of brown blood with DD, my first thought was, should I get a scan or be doing something. I wasn't due for a scan (I was 7wks and a week out from my initial dating scan) but I didn't know if I was overreacting and being a pain and didn't want to hassle anyone. In the end I realised that going to have a scan wasn't going to fix anything if something was wrong. It made me feel a little better to know that it was all out of my hands and there was nothing I could be doing but wait and see. All the best Hun, I really hope it's nothing and you can at least get some sleep tonight and maybe some reassurance tomorrow xx
    Last edited by Annerley; 11-09-2016 at 21:50.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (12-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annerley thank you that's really helpful xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @bubbles21 it sounds like you have lots on your plate. Hopefully it settles soon.
    I had bright red bleeding with DD for most of the day at 10weeks. That night after work I went to emergency and they did bloods. The next day I got into an emergency scan at the hospital. That was through the public system too.
    In the end they found a point on the scan that may have caused the bleed but it was nothing to worry about. I didn't have any cramps from what I can remember.
    I hope it slows down for you.
    All the best xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bubbles21 it's a scary thing but try your best not to worry while you wait for answers because the stress won't help.

I've had three bleeds. Maybe at about 5.5 wks, 6.5wks and 7wks or so.

The first one obviously freaked me out but I stayed positive. It was bright red and came on with some period-like cramping. I didn't quite fill a pad and it stopped within a few hours.

The second time happened at work. It was darker and clotty and I thought it was over for sure. I called my clinic and they told me to go to the hospital. The bleeding stopped within a few hours again.

I went to the hospital and BT confirmed my hcg was still going up. I had a scan a couple of days later and they found a hematoma/ peri gestational bleed which they described as like a bruise/clot in my uterus. They also saw a yolk sack so said everything looked as it should. They said my body should absorb the hematoma over time.

I had a third bleed a couple of days later which lasted for a few days.

I had a follow up scan at 8+2 and got to see the little heartbeat. The bleed had started to recede.

I spotted every day until about 10 wks. It has finnnnally stopped, yay!

I'm 11+2 now with my NT scan next Monday.

I know it messes with your head but try to stay positive!! There are so many different reasons for bleeding during pregnancy and I hope there's an explanation for you x

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SurferGalGC For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (12-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @SurferGalGC there was no bleeding or cramping overnight so I'll just monitor it today and speak to my gp about it at my appointment tomorrow. I'll definitely ask for a referral for a scan though to put my mind at ease

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bubbles21 For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (12-09-2016),lotsathoughts  (12-09-2016),Muchulu1  (12-09-2016),SurferGalGC  (12-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bubbles great there was no bleeding/cramping over night. Hope you're feeling ok today. Keep us updated tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's really good that the bleeding and cramping has stopped @bubbles21. It could just be what @SurferGalGC said. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good to hear @bubbles21 Get that scan, it'll be good for your peace of mind.

AFM- Procedure all done, they got a good sample for testing so hopefully will get a result in the next month. Got emotional in recovery, but feeling ok now.
    Leaving hospital soon.

Wishing everyone a happy Monday.
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsatgoughts I'm really glad it is over. Rest and recover. Sending you my love and thoughts xxx