+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 99 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh yay @hopefull29! I must try a clear blue. Glad it's satisfied your craving...it's reassuring to know the numbers are still climbing in between.

I'm quite tired and need to eat every few hours otherwise I notice my energy starts to dip. I'm currently packing for camp
    Have to pretend to have energy for two days. Also planning on taking lots of little snacks to stash.
    Definitely feeling symptoms earlier this time.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (07-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope you have the energy to get through 2 days of camp. I honestly couldn't think of anything worse lol sorry. Every morning I wake up I feel like I've had 10 bottles of wine the night before. Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I know @hopefull29 I really don't know how I'm going to cope. I hope eating lots provides me with some energy. Fingers crossed its not a late night too...those kids had better sleep I said to DH they had better not wake me after I've used the Crinone, don't want to waste it! Haha.
    Have you sorted your Ob/midwife? How did you choose? Didn't you want your FS but that couldn't happen?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha if you have to get up after the crinone you'll have to walk upside down. Lol.
    Hope it's not too hard and they're all well behaved. What age group are they?

I actually haven't chosen yet. My FS will be going on Mat leave in October. I'm going to discuss things with her after my scan. We have private health cover but I'm really not sure if I'll use it. I don't really mind who delivers. The public hospital that's in my catchment area is pretty good and has a good rep. They do midwife programs and shared care so at the moment I'm leading towards that. I'd rather save the 5k or so it costs for a private ob for baby goods. But then I stress out and think what if something goes wrong or I end up high risk I'd prefer to have an ob.
    I've had friends who have done both public & private and they've all had good & bad experiences with each.

Are you going public or private?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and the public hospital has a tour the first Saturday of the month so I think I'll go check that out with DH next month and then decide as I'll be about 10 weeks then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DD we went public with a midwife program where you get the one on one. We loved our midwife and were happy to save the money as it was around our wedding. We lived a few km from RPA so it just made sense. I booked in at 5 weeks and was the second to last spot for the month. If I were you I'd book into that as soon as you can. You can always cancel it if you find an obstetrician you'd prefer to go with.
    Also, my birth ended up being on the one day my midwife had off and I was fine. In the middle of all the pain I didn't care who was there.
    We left hospital that day and had a midwife visit us at home for two weeks. Whilst at hospital we had our own room through our private cover but found it really noisy with lots of buzzing from other rooms (something to look out for on your tour).
    We thought it might be nice to have the two week visits as we both didn't have family in Syd. Looking back the only downside was having less support during BF. I think I would have preferred more.

This time round I'd like to do it differently just to see what it's like.
    As we're not as close to the hospitals (they're all between 25-30mins away) we're not leaning towards anywhere based on distance.
    I'd like to go private as we get scans at every appointment, we didn't get that at RPA. Also, as we've hit the threshold this year we should get lots back for our visits and a place I contacted said they'd push back our 24 week lump some payment to next year to help us reach the threshold for next year.
    These things help as we are by no means rolling in money

I've just googled obs and looked at what people have said. Also checked online with Bupa as they give you a list of suggestions.

Anyway, it's quite overwhelming but I wanted to look into it before camp.

Oh and get a referral from your gp as that lasts a year whereas your FS referral will only last 3 months.

Sorry, went on a bit there.

Good luck with it all xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for that info. Very helpful. I shall book myself into the midwives at the public hospital and see how I go. I was thinking of going to see my GP to discuss my hospital options with her too. My FS will be very much private is the only way to go I think.
    I did do some googling yesterday but I think it just confused me even more. I might contact Bupa (I'm also with them) to see what they recommend too.
    Thanks again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.bupa.com.au/find-a-provider

All the best. It's pretty overwhelming. I found googling names pretty helpful as people often share who they like/don't like.
    You're lucky as due dates at the beginning of the month get in before those at the end of the month (as they book in based on the month not date).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the link! I just did a search and there's quite a few close by!
    It is quite overwhelming. I think I'm just going to call the hospital tomorrow to book myself into the midwife program to secure my spot and then have a chat with my FS and GP too.
    DH is keen on the public hospital idea he is very much a no frills kinda guy. Lol. We can afford to go private but it does kinda seem like a lot of money when I could possibly get the same service and not spend a cent. I don't need a 5 star hotel after having bubs, I'd much prefer my own home and bed. Plus both our families are close by so lots of support for us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    No probs. No one tells you what happens post IVF. I remember feeling a bit lost the first time round and kind of fumbled my way through.

There's also shared care if the midwife group is booked out, but you'd have to check with each Ob.

It sounds like you're feeling pretty comfortable with public. I had a great experience and it's great what you get for free! It is harder, I hear, going from private to public, just incase you plan on having more than one. My friend found it a bit challenging. So going public first time round is a good start.

Also if you'd prefer to go home early then public's the way to go. They say you're more comfortable in your own home anyway.

Either way, you've got a good plan and you'll have great advice from your FS and GP I'm sure.