+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF babies due March/April/May 2017

Hi ladies, how are you all? Hope you've had good weekends. I have a question, the past few days my cramping has pretty much gone. I still get the odd twinges and sharp pains, but the dull ache isn't really there, it's freaking me out. I'm still feeling pretty off, just generally gross, no vomiting but an off feeling. Do you think these are bad signs, or just things changing? It's freaking me out big time. I'm 7+5. @hopefull29, I did a FET but after an IVF round that failed, I too have had dull aches on my left ovary, have no idea if there is a CL cyst there because my FS didn't have a look around when he did the scan, just focused on the baby. I think it's pretty normal to have that but maybe call your clinic tomorrow and ask. I hope you're feeling better today.
    Interesting what you ladies are saying about dropping down on the drugs, my clinic just gave me a sheet that said from weeks 10-11 I have 1 pessary every 2 days for 1 week (currently on 1 a day) and then stop. No mention of checking levels etc which really freaks me out. I'm going to my OB on Friday and I'll ask her because I'd like to be monitored to check that it's all ok once I cut down and then finish them. Seems a bit lax to not be checking everything is as it should be when weaning off the drugs!
    Last edited by Gypsy37; 04-09-2016 at 20:35.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gypsy37 For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Now that I've said that, I'm feeling a mild ache- typical! Maybe it's just when you're busy that you don't notice it as much, and maybe they start to die down around now?? I don't know??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls!
    Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend.
    13+3 today
    Had my last dose of meds this morning! Looks like I'm joining you @SurferGalGC
    Have been weaning for the last 3 wks so I feel pretty comfortable about stopping now. Can relate to anyone feeling anxious about weaning/ stopping meds. I was very anxious during the first couple of wks of weaning. Now I'm just happy to be med free!!
    DH & I went for our first ever baby shop to celebrate! Bought some super cute onesies, swaddle cloths & singlets

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muchulu1 For This Useful Post:

Gypsy37  (04-09-2016),SurferGalGC  (05-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gypsy37 Glad to hear your symptoms have returned to offer you some reassurance! Mine seem to come & go as they please. No rhyme or reason here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gypsy37 Glad to hear your symptoms have returned to offer you some reassurance! Mine seem to come & go as they please. No rhyme or reason here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Gypsy37 my cramps got less and less a few weeks ago, can't remember the exact timing but I'm 9+6 so probably about the same time as you. I don't really get them anymore, maybe just very occasionally. The fact that you're feeling pretty off is a great sign! Hold on to that as your symptom.
    I haven't had the ovary ache since Saturday, I'm having a scan on Thursday so I'll find out more then.
    I think it would be OK to not have your levels checked when reducing your drugs at weeks 11-12 as by then the placenta has started to take over the hormone production.
    @Muchulu1 yay to being drug free!! Give it a few days and I bet you'll be feeling amazing!
    I can't wait to go baby shopping, I know once I do I won't be able to stop lol.

How is everyone else travelling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My clinic told me to start taking crinone once every 2 days ever since I got a bfp at 4 weeks. Now I'm worried it was too early to cut down, although my levels were ridiculously high at the time. And I'm to stop the crinone all together at 10 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bubbles21 my nurse said every FS has different rules on when to stop. She said some say as soon as a positive BT, some at 7 weeks scan, some 10 weeks and some 12. Lol I find it crazy they're all so different!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 and @bubbles21, I too find it very odd that they all have different protocols around this. When I got my BFP they said to stop the crinone, but given my history of miscarriages there was no way I was taking a risk on something that is so easily controlled, so I demanded that I be kept on the progesterone and they agreed and put me in 1 pessary a day. Last week when I had my scan and the nurse was handing over all of my results to give my OB, she was talking about my progesterone level at BFP and how it was 60 and they wouldn't want it to drop and so put me straight on the progesterone- I had to laugh as it was me who demanded it! Anyway, I would have thought they'd just keep everyone one on it as a safe guard, but clearly there are different ideas around this. @bubbles21 you clearly don't need to worry as your pregnancy is progressing as it should. If your levels were really high then there would have been no concern.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gypsy37 that's funny the nurse taking credit for putting you on progesterone when it was you who told them.
    My progesterone was also around 60-70 but they told me it was pretty high, it dropped to 56 and they still said not to worry as still high. Lol I didn't think it was that high. Luckily I've been ok. I do occasionally use an extra crinone as reassurance after the slight drop.