+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annerley, how are you? Have you had your D&C? Just want you to know that I'm thinking of you and hope you're doing ok. Big hugs

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gypsy37 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (26-08-2016),lotsathoughts  (27-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Finchee me too! I've bled three times, went to hospital the second time and everything has been fine at my two scans. I've had brown spotting everyday since. I don't think it's uncommon. It definitely messes with your head though x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SurferGalGC For This Useful Post:

nattie84  (26-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @Gypsy37 yes all done thanks
    I woke up feeling much better on Wednesday too so the bug is behind me finally.
    The procedure went really well to be honest. I was a bit teary when I had to leave dh and go to the waiting room so the nice nurse called him back in to wait with me. They called me around and then the poor girl that was in before me (for a different surgery) had a huge complication so I went in 2hrs late. They wheeled me back around to be be with dh again.
    It's strange as I was terrified of having the EPU as I've never had surgery before but this time I felt surprisingly calm. The wait probably helped as I was relieved when I finally went in. I don't even remember going under as I think the stuff they out in the drip must have zonked me out before the GA and I woke up easily. I've only had minor discomfort so overall it was less taxing physically than an EPU.
    Emotionally/ mentally I've been much better than I expected I'd be. I teared up when one of the genea nurses stopped by to see me at the hospital before I went home and that's it. I'm not sure if it will suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks as partly it feels like all of this happened to someone else. I'm going to have an appointment with the clinic counsellor just in case- can't hurt! Besides that, dh and I have made some exciting future plans to look forward to and I've been really enjoying and appreciating DD- I haven't had to go to work at all this week so we've had plenty of time together. For now I'm at peace with it all, which feels so strange. It does feel weird to not have a real plan re: IVF. I feel like ive had a basic plan around when to do the fets since conceiving DD in 2013.
    Sorry for the long post but it has helped me to put it all into words so thanks for asking after me.
    Still thinking of all of you ladies xx
    Last edited by Annerley; 26-08-2016 at 22:41.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (27-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't really read back but just had a quick read of the last couple of posts. @lotsathoughts please take care of yourself. Sorry to hear that you are feeling unwell and I hope it isn't the same strain I had as I still have the runs and it's been a week. DD is only just over it today and hers started on the 16th. The vomiting is the worst. If you end up not being able to keep down water, please go to a hospital. Apparently I wasn't over-reacting when I went (I called 13health and they told me to get there within 4 hrs once I hadn't kept anything down for about 10-12hrs). Baby won't be affected but you need to be looked after and not risk dehydration. The drip made me feel heaps better temporarily.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (27-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annerley thanks for keeping us updated Hun. I'm glad to hear the procedure went well. I'm also really glad to hear you're coping ok emotionally/mentally. I do think it's a great idea that you see the counsellor, you're right it can't hurt and it's what they're there for.
    Plans with DH sounds exciting it's always so nice to have something to look forward to.
    You sound like one strong woman. xxx

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (27-08-2016),lotsathoughts  (27-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annerley thank you so much for sharing. You sound extremely aware of your emotions and seem like you're riding the wave as it happens. What a brave person you are, you might not see it now but I'm sure later you'll look back and realize how much strength you've gained from this whole IVF process. The good/bad and ugly. So annoying tho, we don't want to be strong sometimes, we just want things to fall into place. I hope that time comes soon for you xx
    I admire your courage and wish you continued peace and good fortune into the future, whatever your plans may be. I know all of us love hearing how you're going so always feel free to drop in here and share how what's happening in your life.

Last night when I couldn't keep down water and was getting lightheaded I thought of you and hospital and called home DH, who was out at the footy (I'd assured him id be fine.) When it continued I got scared and called him home. Today I've just woken and am a bit nervous to move around too much. Just trying to sip water as I'm sure I'm dehydrated. Thanks for your advice, if it continues I'm going straight to the hospital. Dehydration is serious biz.

xxx

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (27-08-2016),Gypsy37  (27-08-2016),hopefull29  (27-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annerley I am really glad the procedure is over and done with and you can move on to the next phase. I agree that the counsellor is s good idea, I see one every 2 weeks, because I think the psychological/emotional aspects of IVF are far more taxing than the physical aspects, and it's good to have someone impartial to speak to about everything. Wishing you all the best and can't wait to hear when you get your BFP, which I'm sure won't be too far away. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies I think I am out.. Started spotting last night and then today a bit heavier with some clots.. No major cramps though which is weird. Hoping for a miracle but trying to be realistic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @nattie84 so sorry to hear about the bleeding. There's a few ladies that have suffered bleeding on this thread and they're OK. Bleeding can be so common in early pregnancy apparently more so in an IVF pregnancy. I really really hope all is ok Hun. Is your next BT on Monday? No cramping is a really good sign too. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefull29 View Post
    @nattie84 so sorry to hear about the bleeding. There's a few ladies that have suffered bleeding on this thread and they're OK. Bleeding can be so common in early pregnancy apparently more so in an IVF pregnancy. I really really hope all is ok Hun. Is your next BT on Monday? No cramping is a really good sign too. xx
    Cramping has been on and off but not terrible, more like the implantation cramps I had last week. Yeah next BT is Monday so all I can do is rest and wait for Monday..