Closed Thread
Page 14 of 100 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Gypsy37 welcome and congrats on your BFP! You've had some heartbreaks with your miscarriages, I'm so sorry. Hoping this one is here for good!
    @Muchulu1 I haven't discussed the harmony test with DH yet but at this stage I'm thinking we'll do it.
    With DD we didn't do the test or find out the gender but this time around I would like to find out.
    I agree @Annerley, what's one more test?!
    @bubble21 the baby centre app is pretty good too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (13-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF babies due March/April/May 2017

@Muchulu1 sounds lovely. Enjoy that fresh air! Re NIPT we actually haven't thought that far ahead as yet. I'm not finding out the sex so will just go with what our FS/ doctors recommend.
    @bubbles21 I've been using baby centre. Not sure if there's any others around.
    @Gypsy37 welcome. I so hope this is your take home baby. You deserve it. I understand being anxious. Hopefully after 12 weeks you'll feel more at ease.

I'm very happy to say I think I've experienced my first bout of morning sickness this morning. I woke up and lying in bed I started dry retching then ran to the bathroom nothing came up but kept dry retching. This happened about 3 times. Does this count as morning sickness even if I didn't actually bring anything up? I so hope so. DH doesn't quite get why I was so excited. Lol. I'm 6+5 today.
    Last edited by hopefull29; 13-08-2016 at 15:26.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (14-08-2016),Muchulu1  (14-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bubbles21 I have "What to Expect" and "Ovia Pregnancy". I like them both! I'm due the day before you, yay! I had a scan at 5wk6d but didn't get to see a heartbeat so very envious! I'm hanging out for my next scan at 8wks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bubbles21 I forgot to say that yes, I've had cravings too- I don't remember getting them last time. Mine have been for random things though like a few days ago it was a Mexican burrito and last night I suddenly needed a zooper dooper. I've had to go without as I don't exactly have these things just lying about the house so lucky you have the tree.
    The only app I have is a pregnancy journal, it's a pretty basic one but I used to it record hcg, etc in for DD and you can add in more pregnancies so using it now too. You put in your due date so it counts how far along you are each day but that's about it. I also have one called contractions, I used it as a contraction timer last time and it's pretty cool as you can email the results to yourself and print it out so I have the times and durations for a few of dd's contractions.
    @hopefull29 yes id count that! I've only had nausea so far. It's come on about every second day for about the last 12 days. It started off as just before breakfast but now comes on randomly and eating doesn't always help. When I'm feeling unwell, I feel a bit over feeling so off but really it is reassuring.
    @SurferGalGC I had a scan at 6wks exactly and couldn't see a heartbeat. My FS said there wouldn't be one on her basic abdominal ultrasound as she was mainly just looking to make sure everything was on track. She assures me everything looked fine so fingers crossed. I'm very anxiously awaiting my next one too.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (13-08-2016),SurferGalGC  (13-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF babies due March/April/May 2017

@Annerley how long until your next scan? I should definitely be able to see a heartbeat at 8wks right?

Omg what the heck.. I was starving so I whipped up some grilled chicken with veges for dinner. As soon as I plated it up I decided I wasn't hungry after all and struggled to get through a few bites. An hour later.. would you believe I'm starving again! Ha!

I've had a tiny bit of queasiness but I'm more so struggling with not knowing what I want to eat. Apart from watermelon. Watermelon can come at me 24/7.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SurferGalGC For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (13-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes @SurferGalGC definitely at 8 weeks, I think it really needs to be there by that point. The heart starts beating at around 5-6 weeks but can be too small to be detected. All ultrasound machines are different in terms of quality though and internal scans give an even clearer picture.
    When the FS told me not to expect to see much at 6wks, she said it was around 7wks that she expects to see a heartbeat via the scan. I had my dating scan at 8wks exactly with DD and saw it with an abdominal scan and have mine at 8+4 this time. I only had an early scan this time as I've previously had an ectopic and once you've had one, you're at a greater risk of another so that had to be ruled out. This time the sac was in the right place and measuring on track and that's all she was worried about.
    To me, it sounds like the dating scan is the FS's way of signing you off that their job is done for now. It's like a viability scan that the heart is beating and everything is as it should be and off you go. When I had my dating scan with DD, that was the last I saw of my FS until I went back for #2.
    Last edited by Annerley; 13-08-2016 at 21:35.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (14-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annerley ahh ok! Thanks for the info!!

I had an early scan because of some bleeding. They discovered that I have a hematoma. They described it as like a bruise on the uterus. It was somewhat of a relief that the bleeding could be explained. This scan was at the hospital so my clinic said not to bother coming in for my scan with them a few days later. I was kind of disappointed but oh well, I can't get greedy and expect scans constantly all through just for reassurance haha.

Your next scan might be the same day as me? Mine will be at 8+2 on 22 August. Can't come soon enough!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SurferGalGC For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (14-08-2016),lotsathoughts  (14-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SurferGalGC yes its on the 22nd- wow, same day! Our last scans must have only been done one day apart also.
    Ive heard quite a few people having that type of bleed, your are right, it would be a relief to have an explanation.
    With DD, I had brown blood when I wiped once or twice around now. I panicked but found out it was common at this stage and the uterus stretches and a brown tinge isnt bad. Lots of girls in our last dig had it at the same time. This time ive felt the same stretching but no brown as yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 how's the morning sickness going? So funny how we crave any sign it's doing its thing.
    @SurferGalGC and Annerley it's great you have your scans together. Not long to wait...but I'm sure it feels like forever away.

I told my parents today as they'd been away. I told two of my sisters and bro in laws too as they were there (one sister left to tell.) Anyway, my sister(43yo) dropped a bombshell after I told the ladies (the boys were outside) that she'd suffered a miscarriage earlier this year at 8 weeks!!! They were not planning on having more so it was a surprise. I'm freaking out as it means all 3 of my sisters have suffered through miscarriages (at ages younger and older than my current age). I kinda felt weird about telling the men after that...didn't want to come across as naieve. But it feels like with all the cycles before that this pregnancy has already gone for a long time...if that makes sense??

I tried to chat about it with my sis but it was hard with the kids running around.

We skyped DH's fam and they're all over the moon. Mine are too but I feel a sense of fear that you never really lose when you experience that I guess. My parents are excited but I don't think they've ever miscarried.

I wonder if there's something genetic?? Maybe I should chat to my clinic about it. I'm definitely feeling a bit shaken up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts great you've shared your news with your families. I figure if anything was to go wrong you'd need their support anyway so no harm in telling them (that was my thoughts when telling families anyway). This is my first pregnancy (FS/ gyno does suspect I had a very early missed miscarriage early days of TTC and had a d&c same time my cyst was removed) but both my mum and one of my sisters have suffered miscarriages too. So I completely understand being a little anxious. It's always been in the back of my mind that there is a chance it could happen to us too. I think you've just gotta stay positive and like you say after all the cycles before this one it's such a strong sign that this ones here to stay! This is definitely the most pregnant I've ever been so each day is a step in the right direction!

My morning sickness was back again this morning. Yay!! Same as yesterday but I did bring up a little bit of bile (yuk). I'm lucky though because by about 11:30-12ish I feel pretty normal again. Will be interesting to see how my 7am start with clients go this week.
    I'll definitely take any sign I can get so was pretty excited again this morning. Lol.