+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 99 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone, I crashed last night after getting home from camp. It's like my mind switched off teacher mode and went into slow motion mode.

Hellloooo @Annerley how special that we get to share our second journey of pregnancy together. Lovely to see we're both at this point again...sounds like you've had some tough bumps in the road.

I'm off to see my naturopath for the first time since falling pregnant so looking forward to seeing what will change if anything with my vitamins.

As for BF I did lose quite a bit of weight but then fell into chronic fatigue and lost more weight and couldn't put weight on. My lack of weight became a sign of my lack of energy. I have no idea what my body will do this time. As long as I'm happy and healthy I'll be good.

With OBs our out of pocket expense is 2900 and due at 24 weeks. I go to NZ that week until Dec 30 and have asked them if I can possibly pay it next year which would help put us over the threshold next year! And they agreed. I'll get the minimum back from that amount but it will set me up for the rest of the year. My psychologist appointments at the moment are $12! Love being over the threshold...have earned some perks!

Good luck at your BT @hopefull29!!

So good to hear you little bub is doing well @Muchulu1 congrats

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (10-08-2016),Muchulu1  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts hope you're feeling better after a good nights sleep! Will be interesting to see what your naturopath says. I was seeing a naturopath/acupuncturist before starting IVF. She had me on different vitamins but FS said only to use elevit so I'm too scared to go back and see her cos I know she'll want to change them again but i think I trust my FS opinion a little more at the moment. After all she's the one who got me pregnant where the naturopath/acupuncturist kept saying there was nothing wrong- granted I had zero symptoms besides acne but there was a huge cyst and blocked tubes so definitely something wrong.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

Muchulu1  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 Good luck with today's BT!
    @lotsathoughts Hope all goes well with the naturopath. Good to hear you survived camp! That would have been SO hard!! I can barely survive 8hrs of work atm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ilex regarding being emotional about your DS being one, I can so relate. Each milestone is a sign that they're growing up. Hope the party went well.
    @hopefull29 it's so hard when their opinions clash. My naturopath is the reason I started to have energy again so it was hard going into a new relationship with a FS who wanted me to minimize my vitamin use. I think a combination of using different drugs (menopur) and being on my vitamins have helped me get pregnant this time so I say it's a team effort, haha.
    I am guessing I'll just remain on the same things (magnesium powder, pregnancy vitamin, vit C maybe, vit e maybe not, zinc probably) will see tho.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmmm I do miss the Energyx powder. Maybe I'll go back and see her after my scan and get her opinion again. Could certainly do with some more energy right now lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts - the party went really well, but I was knackered at the end. Still am! I'm in bed at 8:30 these days, and still struggling to get up at 6:30 (which is later than I need to get up!) Cannot wait for the exhaustion phase to pass.

@hopefull29 - The conflicting advice is tough, but I'd go with FS. I fully believe naturopaths have their place, but I don't trust they fully understand the impact to a developing baby. It's not worth the risk IMO... Your energy will come back in the 2nd trimester, it's the first that kills you.
    Last edited by ilex; 10-08-2016 at 08:40.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bet you're still tired! I couldn't imagine entertaining right now. (Don't know how I go through camp)

I'm so tired @ilex and hungry.
    I feel like when I eat I get more energy.

Anyone else fee that way?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ilex you're so right about them not fully understanding. Maybe I'll ask my FS next week at my appointment. Glad to hear the exhaustion will end!
    At the moment I'm fine after lunch time, it's just the mornings that are killing me and starting work at 7am isn't helping.
    @lotsathoughts maybe try some good healthy fats (avo is great) if you can stomach it to help with your hunger.

Well I got my BT results:
    1- HCG 128
    PROG 65

2- HCG 2332
    PROG 67.1

3- HCG 16400
    PROG 54

So my HCG has increased and is in the right range. However my progesterone has decreased. Nurse said its nothing to worry about as the levels can go up & down all the time and they're still high enough. I did lose quite a bit of crinone gel build up last night so maybe that's why!? Lol

Now another long weeks wait until next Thursday for my scan.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF babies due March/April/May 2017

@hopefull29 Great to see your HCG is doing well and is in the right range. I still don't know my progesterone from my first BT, will ask at my next bloods. It will be interesting to see how your Progesterone looks next week. I have no experience with progesterone rising rates as I only had one BT after my positive with DD...I kinda wish I'd asked for more to see.

I'm really wanting to know how my numbers are going. After feeling so shattered and hungry today I'm having that niggling thought that it could be twins. But then have to remind myself I just went on camp and have a toddler running around so tiredness is expected.
    Do you think I should go in tomorrow for bloods or wait until Friday which is a week after my first BT?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts I'm hungry all the time!! It definitely wasn't this bad with DD!
    i had my first BT 3 days after my first so they could see at least a rise in the first 72hrs so tomorrow would be ok if it suits you better.
    @hopefull29 my progesterone is doing similar and I was wondering the same thing but my clinic seems happy. Mine has been 67, 105, 90 then 88. My FS even said not to worry about anymore bloods until they start weaning me off since my body appears to be absorbing it so it must be ok. I was on Crinone with DD but regular pessaries this time. I remember being told that it doesn't matter if you have build up, it still absorbs and you can even do a clean out of old build up as the progesterone absorbs pretty quickly. I guess I expected it to continually go up as the pregnancy progressed but I guess that isn't always the case.
    Last edited by Annerley; 10-08-2016 at 20:44.