+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default When did you know it was time to stop IVF?

Hi there,

I am a freelance health writer and I am writing an article about how people make the difficult decision to 'give up' on or cease IVF treatment when they haven't manage to conceive.

I'd be interested in speaking to you (or you can email me if you'd prefer) if you'd be happy to share a bit about how many cycles you went through and what prompted you to stop IVF. You can be anonymous if you wish.

If you'd like to share some of your story, or find out more please email me at lindyalexander@yahoo.com.au (my website is www.lindyalexander.net) - all stories will be treated with absolute confidence and trust.

Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    The best way I can describe it is when to keep going is harder than giving up.

I never crossed that line so I never gave up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't fit your request as I did have a baby on Ivf who is now 5. I agree with Sonja.. When continuing is harder than giving up. We got to that point after 3 years of trying for number 2. My body was wrecked, I had been doing it for 6 years and so over it. I knew it was time to stop when I saw our 14 week gestation baby still on a routine ultrasound and I knew and the first thing I said was I cant do it any more. It's hard not to waver from your decision but I know my heart spoke and I have to honour it. She came to me to tell me to stop. It's hard as we still have 4 embryos left and I have nothing left to put them back. Anyways, I'm very close to having put Ivf behind me now but it's a very big part of who I am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for your replies @Sonja and @lilypily - it's a perspective I hadn't fully considered. I'd love to talk to you more about it if you're willing?