+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Feeling Devastated

I'm feeling quite upset about something. A man that I trusted has really betrayed me.

I met him when I went for a job interview at his firm last year. He took me under his wing and became a mentor like figure even though he didn't give me the job at the time. He would later offer me the job but thankfully I never took it.

We reconnected and he asked me to go for a drink. I thought just to catch up. He pursued me romantically. I fell pretty hard core for him. But he would do these disappearing acts. He would then come back as if it was nothing. He was just "sick."

I was devastated to find out that he is married. He tried to tell me that I'm his number 1. Anyways I made an idiot of myself - I begged for his friendship. I said okay, no romance but a friendship. I sent him a lot of messages but he just has gone ghost again. I suppose he will contact when its convenient for his narcissistic self to do so.

I looked up to this man as a mentor, as someone who would never mistreat me. I am left reeling that someone could do this. I feel i need his forgiveness for something - why would he just ignore me and not even want to be friends? Is he that much of an a**hole?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    He is a married man. Sorry but move on. If he is/has cheated on his wife then he is a scumbag. Don't be involved with him and really you should stop trying to contact him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    He sounds like the typical manipulator that most cheating men are. I've been there. We met, he was amazing and I fell hardcore. He told me he loved me and it felt amazing. Until his wife contacted me! I had no idea!! I felt so betrayed and used. But I eventually saw him for what he is. A manipulative user. You don't need anything to do with him, you're worth more than that. I'm sorry you got burned but my advice is best to chalk it up to (bad) experience. I would stop contacting him, you're only fueling his ego.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry but you can't be friends with this man. I think you are deluding yourself (sorry) to think you can be.
    Please stop contacting him and let this rat either fix or implode his marriage by himself.
    And yes he is an a$$hole. But you also should have left it well alone when he said he was married.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (03-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    I'm sorry but you can't be friends with this man. I think you are deluding yourself (sorry) to think you can be.
    Please stop contacting him and let this rat either fix or implode his marriage by himself.
    And yes he is an a$$hole. But you also should have left it well alone when he said he was married.
    This.
    Walk away, very fast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes walk away. Remember that he would cheat on you just as easily as he has with his wife. Persue no friendship this man is a user.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    This too. Didn't it bother you he was married? Walk away now

Thanks
    Reviews
    His true colours have been shown - he's a jerk. As much as it hurts it's time to move on. Delete his number from your phone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You need to lose that zero and find yourself a hero.

Sorry he has hurt you, some people are just plain jerks.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (03-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Please walk away before things get too more involved with friendship etc. I am currently in a similar position and it's killing me because he is my best friend who is only there for me when things aren't going well at home for him.