63 year old gives birth | Page 12 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know you cop alot of flack @VicPark but i have to say i enjoy reading these kinds of threads because it opens up my eyes and mind to all of the different sides to this discussion. I can honestly see the other side of the coin and i do agree with certain aspects of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMummaButterfly View Post
    I know you cop alot of flack @VicPark but i have to say i enjoy reading these kinds of threads because it opens up my eyes and mind to all of the different sides to this discussion. I can honestly see the other side of the coin and i do agree with certain aspects of it.
    Ta...
    Have you got a new user name? I don't recognise it..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Personally, no matter what the full story is, I think this was a grossly selfish and unethical decision (unless she was doing it as a surrogate - which isn't the case).

Sure, none of us know if we're going to drop dead tomorrow, but given that the average life expectancy in this country is early 80's, I think we can pretty happily assume that if we have kids in our teens, 20's, 30's, 40's, we've got a damn good shot of being there for them when they grow up.

These parents can reasonably expect what? Him - 4 years or so, leaving his wife to be an almost 70yo single mother of a toddler. Her - maybe making it to her child's 18th birthday.

And what can their child expect? Losing their parents early on in their life, and if they are lucky enough to still have them around into their 20's, what kind of life will that be? Looking after very eldery parents and feeling obligated and tied down with their care. Just what you'd want for your child!

It's pure selfishness on behalf of the parents. So they desperately wanted a child, I get that, I feel for them, it's an awful pain to live with. But the child's best interests need to come first! How could a life of being orphaned at a young age and/or saddled with caring for elderly parents possibly be in the child's best interests?

Yes, no-one knows what the future holds. Yes, plenty of bad parents have children. Yes, these two people may be very loving parents, but when the odds are stacked so heavily against you being able to be alive for & care for your child until they at least reach adulthood, then you're motivated by selfishness IMO.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (04-08-2016),besha  (05-08-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-08-2016),Molros  (05-08-2016),onionskin  (05-08-2016),Phony  (05-08-2016),SuperGranny  (20-09-2016),VicPark  (04-08-2016),Wise Enough  (04-08-2016)