+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 63 year old gives birth

Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I don't want to take the thread further off track, but my eye twitches when I hear people talk about IVF and how 'clearly it wasn't meant to be' (naturally having a baby so therefore IVF is wrong/unnatural.)

So let's run with that line of reasoning shall we? Do people that feel this way ever use antibiotics, medicine? Have they ever had a procedure done? Had drs save your life? Why? Shouldn't you just be trusting nature? 95% of our lives are 'unnatural' when you actually think about it. We never went to IVF (mainly bc we couldn't afford it and were too far from clinics) but I know the pain of infertility very well. These comments are rude and lacking in empathy.
    I agree. I would be dead by now if I hadn't had life saving medical intervention. I think about that a lot. I would not be alive if I was born 100 years ago. Doubt my mum ever would have left me to 'nature'. But actually, I was caesarean birth so probably would have died at birth if it were 100 years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am one who believes that some people are destined to be childless....
    But AFTER they have tried everything.

I still believe ivf should have an age limit.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The problem is medicine is advancing far too quickly for any society to get its head around it. Medically , we can do so much today, that would have just been impossible years ago. There is no right or wrong, just too many options, and millions of opinions. My grandmother had children with no vaccinations, my mother had children through vertical C-sections. (cut from navel down) Children died before their parents. This forum is just discussing the possibilities facing this one child. I think no one would say this was a wise decision, but good luck to them all. marie.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (04-08-2016),MsViking  (04-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    I don't normally express my strong opinions on here but your comments are insensitive and naive @monnie24.

I struggled to fall pregnant for 5 years... If I had listened to ignorant comments like yours (sometimes people shouldn't have babies) I wouldn't have my 2 babies that I somehow won the lotto with.

This is besides the 63 year old new mother. This is clearly an extreme case that no one knows all the details. She's made her bed, she's going to have to sleep in it (and possibly have her toddler help her in to it)
    I think what you have got from my comments is out of context and I'm sorry if I offended you... But I don't really want to debate on here.

What I am saying is there SHOULD be an age limit here & overseas.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (04-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    The problem is medicine is advancing far too quickly for any society to get its head around it. Medically , we can do so much today, that would have just been impossible years ago. There is no right or wrong, just too many options, and millions of opinions. My grandmother had children with no vaccinations, my mother had children through vertical C-sections. (cut from navel down) Children died before their parents. This forum is just discussing the possibilities facing this one child. I think no one would say this was a wise decision, but good luck to them all. marie.
    This is pretty much what my husband said.
    "We are living longer than we are designed to, so who can say what is right for anyone?"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (04-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Another issue that could and most likely arise from this.

There is going to be more older couple seeing the news and possibly saying to each other.....

Hey lets go overseas and have another child

The baby boomers will be having more babies

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I promise you , THIS baby boomer, won't be having more babies. marie

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (04-08-2016),MsViking  (04-08-2016),Olive Oil  (04-08-2016),smallpotatoes  (04-08-2016),Sonja  (04-08-2016),VicPark  (04-08-2016),YeahYeahYeah  (04-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 63 year old gives birth

Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I think what you have got from my comments is out of context and I'm sorry if I offended you... But I don't really want to debate on here.

What I am saying is there SHOULD be an age limit here & overseas.
    I did ask for context.. Blanket statements generally don't bode well.

Edit : Being labelled "IVF people" doesn't help.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (04-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Anyone still on the fence should read Michael Gannon's opinion piece in the paper today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week