WWYD hand foot and mouth disease outbreak? | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks everyone for the replies you've cemented my decision to keep her away. It's really the last thing we need right now and sounds horrible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post

I have been reading your vent journal and I'm sorry your not getting more family support as I think that would help... If your mum went well looking after your DD the other day could she maybe do it more often?
    No it's really hard for me to get help outside of childcare. My parents work full time (6 days a week in their own business) so yesterday I had to pick her up from work and take her back so it can't be a regular thing. Plus they can be unreliable so is hate to actually count on them. Also she doesn't have a mobile phone and we have no phone at home so I can't have her look after her here. She's also got health issues and no car right now. It's just too hard!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @gingermillie you are definitely doing the right thing keeping her home, especially if her immune system needs a bit of a break. DD goes Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's and I didn't take her last Friday, not because she was too sick to go but she has been at about 90% for weeks now with colds etc and I just think she needed a good break to fully recover. I get sick of people taking their kids when they genuinely are sick and should not be there but that's a whole other thread!
    Re the HFAM while DD was an antibiotics after her hospital stay there was an outbreak and I kept her home as it jst would have been too much had she caught it. She had a tiny blister near her bottom which I think in hindsight must've been HFAM (must have been exposed to it before the outbreak as others have said the incubation period is 3-5 days). Anyway, she passed it to her cousin and he ended up very sick from it, couldn't eat as he had blisters all down the back of his throat. I was a bit pi$$ed off as I checked with a GP and he had said it was nappy nash so who knows.

Hugs though, its hard when you have little/no family support and that's compounded by your DH being away for so long

I hope she is back to 100% soon x