Just wondering how others would deal with this.
My DD is 13 months old and goes to a very well regarded childcare centre in their baby house. They have 12 babies a day and DD goes Tuesday/Friday. There's about 20ish babies all up across the week who attend.
DD has had a lot of (well constant) sickness the past two months to the point that she saw her paed last Tuesday (she was waking every 30-60 minutes with coughing fits) and her spleen is significantly enlarged due to multiple infections and she went on antibiotics and steroids to try and resolve her respiratory issues. Which worked I'm so relieved. Within 3 days she was sleeping through again. But we need to keep her healthy for a couple of weeks to give her body time to recover a bit.
Soooo. About 2 weeks ago childcare started getting HFM notifications in baby house. DD didn't go last Tuesday due to illness anyway. So Thursday I rang up just to check about HFM and they had 3 notifications in 2 days so I kept her home Friday. She was meant to go today but again I called and they had 2 more notifications this week including 1 who broke out in blisters at childcare yesterday and got sent home. There were babies going today who were there yesterday so I had to keep DD home again.
I'm thinking that there will be more cases during the week and I'll need to keep her home on Friday too.
My DH is away for 2 months. I have pretty much no help. If she can't go to childcare I have to stay home. I have flexible work to a point but I'm falling rapidly behind as I'm not getting much done.
By the same token we have both been so sick especially DD. I can't face the prospect of hfm while I'm on my own, potentially catching it too and just slipping again with her health.
This sucks. Has anyone been through similar? Do you just send them and deal with it? Would you hold toddler back because of hfm?
I would hate myself if I sent her prematurely and she did catch it and it hit her hard as she's already vulnerable.