+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Toddler 'my hungry'

Miss 2 and a half is constantly stating 'my hungry'. She eats so much through the day though rarely willingly eats her dinner.

Fruit, sandwiches, sweets, biscuits, sultana's, cheese, yogurt...you name it, she will eat it all up and still state 'my hungry'. I'm guessing she's either bored or tired and not wanting to sleep?

Is this normal? Could she really be THAT hungry? ALL the time? Does anyone else's toddler do this? Tips?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How much protein is she getting? Try adding boiled eggs in as a snack and see if it keeps her fuller, longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sure you feed other foods but the ones you've listed aren't very filling. So as @amyd said up the protein content and also some complex carbs to keep her fuller for longer.
    Re not eating dinner what time are you feeding dinner? I think toddlers probably get very tired by the end of the day and therefore she may not have the energy or concentration to focus on eating so maybe try an earlier dinner time and then a quick snack before bed to tide her over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    By 3 I slowed down the snacks and had set times for dinner so no snacks after 4.30pm - he had to wait until dinner at 6.30 as I found they need to learn to wait so they are hungry for dinner , so maybe try a cut off time or limit snacks before dinner to veggies only - i also agree with upping the protein as most things on your list are high GI and are not filling so instead of biscuits try rice cakes with almond butter , cottage cheese or avocado , goji berries , veggie sticks with hummus or guacamole , boiled eggs, Greek yogurt with oats or muesli , whole fruit instead of dried fruit