+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @TheGooch yes I'm totally irrational on that one. It's hard to ask him to pipe it down on the text outside of work... They're a close knit team, always have been. She's the latest addition but before her they would usually go out once a week all together.

I work for the business too but out of office. The other thing that hurt is that this wkd he told me he wouldn't increase my hours, it wouldn't be good for the business. When only a couple months back he was asking me to do 2 days a week (only doing 4hrs now).

However I do agree that it wouldn't be good for the business. I'm considering quitting now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Feeling insecure...

Ok I'm reposting the pic. No quote please
    Last edited by ExcuseMyFrench; 31-07-2016 at 21:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    pretty smokin' bod I agree. but that's a fairly heavily produced/enhanced image. I reckon many of us here could look like that with the right assistance...styling, photography, lighting, hair and make up, Photoshopping etc.

I'm sure she's not like that at work? like surely she wears pants for starters?

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (31-07-2016),ExcuseMyFrench  (31-07-2016),Frankenmum  (31-07-2016),HollyGolightly81  (31-07-2016),Marchbundle  (31-07-2016),witherwings  (31-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    pretty smokin' bod I agree. but that's a fairly heavily produced/enhanced image. I reckon many of us here could look like that with the right assistance...styling, photography, lighting, hair and make up, Photoshopping etc.

I'm sure she's not like that at work? like surely she wears pants for starters?
    Hehehehe

Def not like that at work
    I wasn't thinking she was that hot until three different people commented on her on different occasion over a week. Including one colleague at my regular full time place of work.
    That chipped a bit my confidence.

Then the texts killed it lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    what's the face like? also hot?

I can understand the combination of 3 people saying the same thing and her texting your dh would be a bit much. I'd feel exactly the same way to be honest. I think most people would.

did your dh text her back?

I personally wouldn't be that keen on my dh's team texting him too often. like I can understand a work related text, but just joking around type stuff isn't really necessary.

did he reply right away?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Feeling insecure...

It's the iPhone messaging so I did read a fair back...
    Sometimes he answers sometimes he doesn't. But he usually answers with smileys and jokes.

I just looked at the one he sent me, not many smileys or jokes
    I guess we're not in that phase anymore.
    Last edited by ExcuseMyFrench; 31-07-2016 at 21:04. Reason: Misspelled

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be uncomfortable with that level of facebook interaction between a boss and his team. There is no way in the world I'd send my current boss a facebook message.

That said, if he doesn't always answer, and when he does its a smiley or joke, I wouldn't take that as flirtatious thing. If actually strikes me as the response you'd send if you feel a bit awkward. Like if someone keeps messaging you and you really wish they wouldn't and you don't really have anything real to say to them - you might do a mix of ignore the messages, and just sending a polite smiley as acknowledgement.

If there was anything going on, or if he was at all interested he would not be leaving a single message unanswered.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (01-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What's going on with that lump on her ankle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @MissMuppet sorry I meant IPhone/Apple messaging. Instead I wrote Facebook

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah, okay. That makes more sense. But still, I think that his response pattern indicates you have nothing to worry about from his side. Its a bit weird that she messages him regularly about non work things (if that's what it is). But if he's just replying with smileys and an occasional joke, and sometimes not at all, then there's no real intimacy and he's trying to keep her at a bit of a distance.

I'd still talk to him about it, if its making you uncomfortable. You might find that he's a bit uncomfortable with what's going on too - including the fact that people talk about her being 'hot', which is very unprofessional and disrespectful in a work context.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (01-08-2016)