+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thirsty!

Hi all!

Quick question. I am 11w2d pregnant with baby number 3. The last few weeks I feel like I am always thirsty??? I've been drinking 2-3L of water a day and still feel like I can't quite quench my thirst. I was just wondering whether many other mummas out there have experienced this in the first trimester? My morning sickness has calmed down alot (unless i get too hungry) and I dont have any other strange symptoms, so I was hoping to maybe just put it down to hormones? Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The incredible thirst was one of the first signs I was pregnant with DD. I think it lasted till about 12 weeks?
    Makes sense when you realise your blood volume is increasing for the baby.
    Strangely I haven't had the same thirst with my current pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think being thirsty can be because your oxytocin levels are changing. I got crazy thirsty in the third trimester of my first pregnancy, and get thirsty every time I get letdown when I breastfeed. I'm pretty sure I read it was linked to oxytocin. But of course still mention it to your healthcare provider when you next see them! Good luck with things!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm still super thirsty every day at about 24 weeks now! If I don't have my 10 or so sups of water a day (maybe more) I get headaches and even cramps. Body needs it, I guess. Totally normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A friend found the same thing and got tested early for gestational diabetes as she had a family history of it. In her case it was being caused by the GD so it's worth mentioning to your doctor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies everyone i went to see the doc today. She didnt seem to think it was GD. She said it was most likely just hormones as she had checked my sugars in late june and they were fine. But she said just to ease my mind and rule it out shes gonna get me to go for the GTT Wednesday, which I am soooooo not looking forward to! I have to eat the minute I wake up lately or I get really really nauseous to the point of almost vomitting. So its going to be interesting lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mumma2two86 For This Useful Post:

Mad84  (02-08-2016)