+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was prescribed Metformin when TTC #1 after a PCOS diagnosis.. They made me very ill with some vomitting but mostly just had the runs all the time. But I conceived my daughter within a few months. She turned 2 last month.

I decided to start taking them again when I wanted to lose weight. What I notice with them is;
    -If I am dieting and not taking them, I only lose weight with a strict to the tee diet.
    -If I am dieting and taking them, I have a steady weight loss.
    -If I am not dieting but taking them, it holds my weight at bay.
    -If I am not dieting and not taking them, any sugar makes me gain weight virtually.

We have decided to begin the journey to TTC #2 this month. I am going to try to go back to the gyno as I was still in denial about having PCOS when I conceived the first time so I would like to get more info on it now that I understand that it is not the be all and end all and have accepted it. But I will continue taking my metformin this time around and let you know how I go.

**Edit- Where I was going with the diet stuff, I have learnt this time round that I only have the bad side effects if I eat bad food. When I eat a clean diet I do not get the side effects I used to.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emrah For This Useful Post:

Whitem  (21-10-2016)

Similar Threads

1. IVF with PGS/PGD Success Stories
    By Hoping4aBub in forum IVF
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2016, 18:18
  2. Metformin in pregnancy
    By happydance in forum Medicines & Herbal Remedies During Pregnancy
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 16-09-2015, 21:01
  3. The joys of metformin :(