+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would agree with previous posters. Purée fruit..... However...,I will say this....
    Give one thing at a time and note for any reaction (allergy) if you mix it all up then you so t know what caused it, if there is allergy that is.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nafsika For This Useful Post:

Marchbundle  (30-07-2016),turquoisecoast  (31-07-2016),Wise Enough  (31-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. A Nutri bullet. The only things I was told not to give was honey and raw eggs. Make sure meat (chicken, pork, fish) is properly cooked. But I gave here some bloody steak to suck on and she loved it. *shrug* it really comes down to what you feel comfortable giving. At first I mixed everything with breastmilk. Now I just use boiled cooled water if it's too thick. She has between 5 and 7 solid meals a day (I'm talking two weetbix, three strawberries and water being one meal) then still wants breastmilk after each feeding. And before bed. Sometimes she wakes through the night for a drink but she usually sleeps from 8-5 or 6 in the morning. She has breakfast and goes back to sleep for another hour or so. I'm a little worried to give peanut butter, so we haven't gone there yet. But dad and I don't have any allergies.
    I should add, everything I give her is natural. Nothing from a packet, no preservatives. Nothing like that. (Apart from weetbix) everything is fresh.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BitsHead For This Useful Post:

Marchbundle  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome thankyou. It's been 9 years since my second daughter was a baby, so I have forgotten a lot regarding first solids...you have all been very helpful thankyou.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Alternative to rice cereal for 5 month bub

Last edited by BitsHead; 30-07-2016 at 21:43.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BitsHead For This Useful Post:

Marchbundle  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I worry about the advice on here and I would go with what works for you. At this age breastmilk or formula is most important. Try not to add too many meals as they will impact on how much breastmilk or formula your child is having.

Generally around this age food is just for tastes etc, not for replacing a milk feed unless otherwise advised by a health professional
    Last edited by SookiLala; 31-07-2016 at 12:25. Reason: Advice not advise!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SookiLala For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (31-07-2016),hakuna matata  (31-07-2016),Marchbundle  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by UmmInayah View Post
    I worry about the advise on here and I would go with what works for you. At this age breastmilk or formula is most important. Try not to add too many meals as they will impact on how much breastmilk or formula your child is having.

Generally around this age food is just for tastes etc, not for replacing a milk feed unless otherwise advised by a health professional
    Yeah I'm not dropping any formula feeds. Any solids are given after her bottle. She only has a couple of spoonfuls of food at this stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by UmmInayah View Post
    I worry about the advise on here and I would go with what works for you. At this age breastmilk or formula is most important. Try not to add too many meals as they will impact on how much breastmilk or formula your child is having.

Yeah I'm not dropping any formula feeds. Any solids are given after her bottle. She only has a couple of spoonfuls of food at this stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Alternative to rice cereal for 5 month bub

I skipped rice cereal entirely with DS1. My MCHN said don't bother it tastes like clag glue . We started with veg purée.

When he was a bit older (6 months) I used baby porridge made from oats - basically oatmeal that has been processed super fine (you could process your own oats in a food processor/NutriBullet). Also check out Belamys organic in the baby food section at woollies/Coles they have a few different ones from memory. You could also add a little formula and/or Apple purée to plain oatmeal (processed super fine).
    Last edited by sunnygirl79; 31-07-2016 at 01:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here is the link to the Belamys baby porridge I was referring to. http://bellamysorganic.com.au/shop/p...baby_porridge/

It suggests from 5 months

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Marchbundle  (31-07-2016),turquoisecoast  (31-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Marchbundle View Post
    So glad to hear you're giving milk before solids. I was getting a little concerned as one member was giving foods and milk after a feed? And so many meals a day and bubs is only 4 Months?
    Last edited by SookiLala; 31-07-2016 at 12:51.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SookiLala For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (31-07-2016),turquoisecoast  (31-07-2016)