+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Having our 3rd boy

We have one son and everyone says 'oh I hope you get a girl next!' We are due in November. It gets on my nerves and makes me feel offended for my son. I lost a baby girl before him and from the second I was pregnant wanted so badly him to be a boy so that I could feel separation from the girl I lost. He's just perfect in my eyes, the best kid I could ever imagine so another him would be unbelievable. We're going to have a third regardless of the sex of this baby. I actually feel my destiny is 3 boys 💙💙💙💙💙

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WinterJade For This Useful Post:

SummerRose  (31-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have two girls. I was quite vocal about wanting a boy before I found out DD1 was a girl, then I was happy to have one. So much so that I was hoping #2 was a girl too, and was ecstatic when she was!
    Then I decided I'd be so happy to have a house full of girls so when we go for #3 I'm sure everyone will be expecting us to really want a boy (and I think DH probably would be hoping for one) but I really wouldn't mind either way.
    If anyone comments I'll probably say something like 'why would we want a boy when we're so good at having girls?!'

Congrats on baby boy #3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your replies 😊 I've got some great responses prepared for the next time I get the inevitable disappointed faces! Seems like it doesn't matter what gender you have or how many, there will always be those that are insensitive and negative. Most important thing is a happy and healthy family 😊

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerRose For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (02-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations to all those expecting too!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SummerRose For This Useful Post:

WinterJade  (06-08-2016),witherwings  (01-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerRose View Post
    Seems like it doesn't matter what gender you have or how many, there will always be those that are insensitive and negative. Most important thing is a happy and healthy family 😊
    I'd like to think most people don't intend to be insensitive or negative, they just haven't been through the experience first hand and don't understand the feeling of just wanting a healthy baby. I have had the strangest comments from people about my bump, from being told I'm tiny and not showing yet (when all I wanted was some evidence of a bump!) to being asked in the same week if I'm sure it's not twins and am I having a big baby. My own mum even asked at 20 weeks if I've got my due date right because I look further along. People are just oblivious, they don't consider that most of the pregnancy process is completely out of our control, it's as if they're commenting on a new outfit you just bought which can be returned!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like MrsVZ I don't think people realise they're being insensitive or inappropriate but it really makes me wonder what they're thinking sometimes. These comments about the sex of your child (my own mother recently said "I don't like girls. They're very annoying and don't have much character. Not as fun as boys." Thanks, mum) are bad enough, but what I have found the most offensive are the age-related comments.

I didn't meet the person I wanted to have kids with until I was in my 30s and due to other circumstances we weren't in a position to think about kids until I was in my late 30s. I accepted it might not happen for me.

I was pretty immune to all the comments but when we started actually trying (not that anyone knew) it was then the comments came thick and fast, particularly from my husband's family and my workmates.

One particular woman I work with makes a comment every.single.day about women waiting until it was too late. I had a miscarriage last year that no one knew about but continued to go to work through it. I remember her carrying on while I was bleeding. Literally. I felt like telling her just so she'd shut up, but she would probably just tell me that that was what happens if you wait too long. I instead reminded her it was absolutely none of her business and to keep her opinions to herself or she will seriously offend someone one day.

I still haven't told work yet but I'm sure when I do she will pat herself on the back for finally breaking through to me with all her worldly wisdom. My poor husband was almost in tears with his mother's endless pressure at the same time. I can't imagine what it's like for people who are really struggling with IVF etc and having to hear this sort of thing. Poor women.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mima38 For This Useful Post:

SummerRose  (03-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome to the mums of three boys club I love being a boy mum I'm not a girly girl in the slightest. My absolute favourite thing to say to shut people up when they carry on about me not having a girl is to tell them to have a chat to my DH about the disappointing performance of his sperm since his swimmers are responsible for my current children that usually shuts them up quick smart! Enjoy your house full of blue

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chippa For This Useful Post:

SummerRose  (03-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippa View Post
    Welcome to the mums of three boys club I love being a boy mum I'm not a girly girl in the slightest. My absolute favourite thing to say to shut people up when they carry on about me not having a girl is to tell them to have a chat to my DH about the disappointing performance of his sperm since his swimmers are responsible for my current children that usually shuts them up quick smart! Enjoy your house full of blue
    😂 It's funny, I'm a real girly girl and for that reason some friends and family expected I would have really wanted a girl and have been surprised I don't have an ounce of gender disapointment.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (04-08-2016)