+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Having our 3rd boy

We've just found out we're having our third boy 😊 DH and I are happy everything is looking well on the scan and we wanted 3 kids regardless of gender. Initially I was a tiny bit disappointed that I won't experience having a daughter, but that went away pretty quickly. I'm having trouble dealing with comments from others now πŸ™ That they hope I'm having a girl, telling me I want a girl and most recently the disappointment on their faces when I tell them we're not. Has anyone dealt with this or similar? I know I shouldn't care what other people think. Our 2 boys are lovely and well mannered, but it's hard hearing that kind of negativity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get it too. We have a perfect little boy (that took us 8 yrs to conceive) and am 13 weeks pregnant now. So many people say they hope it's a girl or they have been praying for a girl. They expect me to want a girl but we really don't mind.
    I don't know how to respond either. I usually just smile and say some clichè line about healthy and happy.
    Maybe if people ask what you are having start the sentence with something positive like "we are thrilled it's another little boy".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm 36 weeks with boy number 3 - so have been dealing with the comments for a while. Most of the time I just smile and ignore them. Occasionally if they catch me in a grumpy moment (coming more frequently these days lol) I say 'gosh I couldn't think of anything worse than a girl - I remember what I was like as a teenager'. That usually shuts them up.

Honestly mostly just smile and ignore. It's really not worth it. Congratulations!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

WinterJade  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the opposite and have 4 girls. When I was pregnant with DD3&4 then when they were babies I would have people constantly comment about having 4 girls and wanting a boy. I used to just shrug it off, that would never stop people from their comments so I started getting smart. I used to say "I'd prefer that than 4 boys" (obviously not my opinion) you could say "I'd rather boys than 3 hormonal girls" or "wouldn't have it any other way." The comments have finally stopped now that my youngest is 4, people are full of compliments with how lucky we are to have 4 beautiful daughters or how well mannered they are. Took a few years to get here but you will get passed it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations SummerRose! We are also expecting our 3rd boy and we couldn't be happier
    Yes we get a LOT of disappointed faces and people asking us if WE are disappointed. I just laugh and say "of course not!" - we are ecstatic! Which shuts them up pretty quick.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to witherwings For This Useful Post:

SummerRose  (31-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    People can be so insensitive. If I was you I'd try to cut them off before they have a chance to say anything hurtful.
    Random person "do you know what you are having?"
    You: "yes! We are having a little boy and we are just thrilled!"
    Makes it pretty hard for them to pull a sad face etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have 3 boys and although we knew we didn't tell until DS3 was here because I had been hoping for a girl.

My normal comeback if people mention it is 'at least they won't get pregnant'. People are dumbfounded and shut up pretty quick.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (02-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Or say something which highlights the ridiculousness of the situation, like "Yeah, some junior admin staffer clearly stuffed up the paperwork, because our order for a girl went in well before the due date...".

Or the oldie-but-goodie...
    "What are you having?".
    "A baby".

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

Ashling  (03-08-2016),Gentoo  (02-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    These comments used to annoy me too. I think people assume you want the opposite sex and some speak as if they feel sorry for you having the same sex, especially 3. We have 3 delightful happy well balanced well behaved and good mannered little guys and are delighted. Don't let comments get to you.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

SummerRose  (31-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations! I think three boys will be lovely

I do understand how frustrating the comments must be for you though. I have two daughters and when we found out DD2 was a girl I was stunned at the negativity from family and work colleagues. People who had been previously excited about my pregnancy lost interest altogether when they found out we were having "another" girl.

But the thing that left me most speechless was when my DD2 was a newborn and I was out with the two girls. DD2 was in a baby carrier. A homeless man approached me on the street and asked what gender the baby was. When I told him she as a girl, he said (in total sincerity too) "Oh how awful. I just feel so sorry for you. Maybe next time it will be a boy". WTF???