+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default C-Section pain

I had an emergency c-section 3months ago,the pain started to ease off after about 6weeks but now it's back! It's worse than before,there's no pain in my lady bits but it's the lower abdomen,it's so uncomfortable,I get a tingly sensation and I'm sure I can feel a lump on the lower right side,sex is painful and there's been a bit of blood,anyone experienced anything similar? Don't want to go doctors if this is 'normal' pain

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't have anything like this at all after my c-section.
    The scar was a kind of weird numb feeling for ages but that went away, no pain, no bleeding during sex.

I would see your OB or GP xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would go to the hospital tomorrow If I were you, that sounds pretty serious. It could be retained products. It just happened to my sister in law. I had a c sec 6 months ago and I've been pain free since a few weeks post partum.. the scar is healed and not numb but I've heard that's common.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Reneeharry For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (30-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Numbness is really common. But a lump, pain during sex and bleeding is not. Head straight to your GP to get it checked out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My incision was numb for about 6mths but I had no pain or discomfort as you describe. I would be off for a check up

Thanks
    Reviews

Default C-Section pain

Like the other ladies, my incision was numb and still is in parts (4 years later). As for recovery, I was pain free after a week and felt back to normal after 2. Did you have bub private? If so, call your OB otherwise head to your GP or hospital to be checked over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've got weird numb bits on the skin but no pain underneath. def no suspicious bleeding or unusual pain.

when I press on my abdomen around the incision it still feels a bit weird...like not sore or painful but like I can tell I've been cut/had something done down there. I'm now 5 months out from an emergency cs.

id be seeing my gp or ob as others have suggested. bleeding definitely sounds not normal and you should get this checked out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies,I'll head to the doctor this week...just sitting here watching TV is uncomfortable

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15

Default C-Section pain

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle5 View Post
    Thanks ladies,I'll head to the doctor this week...just sitting here watching TV is uncomfortable
    I would go today if you can. Or take baby to the ER with you. It's better to be safe than sorry, you know? If it does turn out to be retained product, you don't want to sit on your hands and wait and mess with your future fertility.
    I had a procedure done when I was 21 and the pain started a few weeks afterwards. The pain was intense and I ended up contracting bacteria from the hospital and it turned into an infection. I waited on it for a week before I gave in and went to the ER. I was told if I waited any longer it may have affected my fertility- not something we want to play with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    I would go today if you can. Or take baby to the ER with you. It's better to be safe than sorry, you know? If it does turn out to be retained product, you don't want to sit on your hands and wait and mess with your future fertility.
    I had a procedure done when I was 21 and the pain started a few weeks afterwards. The pain was intense and I ended up contracting bacteria from the hospital and it turned into an infection. I waited on it for a week before I gave in and went to the ER. I was told if I waited any longer it may have affected my fertility- not something we want to play with.
    Oh no that sounds very serious,ill def call my doctor 1st thing today and make an appointment,thanks for ure reply