+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnant, Celiac and just glutened in a big way, help!

I accidentally ate half of a very large piece of naan bread, under the impression that it was the GF one I ordered. Anyway long story short, I found out it's a gluten one and I'm wondering if I need to do anything or is it going to harm baby?

I'm 22 weeks and I have barely touched gluten in 5 years. I get the horrendous intestinal pain and gastro symptoms (naan was eaten with Indian food too, this will be great fun... Not ) plus feeling run down and sore for days afterwards - and that's just after a tiny contamination. This time I ate bread!

Any advice or similar experiences would be much appreciated, Ta x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pregnant, Celiac and just glutened in a big way, help!

I don't think it would harm your baby in any way (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong) but if you get gastro like symptoms it is probably wise to keep yourself well hydrated and rested. If your at all concerned though maybe you could call your ob/midwife/hospital as they will be able to tell what you need to do. Hopefully it all passes quickly and you feel better soon.
    Last edited by Happymum2; 29-07-2016 at 22:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Won't harm bubs at all.
    If you're lucky you'll be the same as me. I'm coeliac but find that when I'm pregnant I can eat whatever I like without getting sick. I'm sure it's not good for me, but it's nice to be able to relax a bit and eat whatever I'm craving

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Agree with PP... you might be surprised how well your body can handle it will pregnant. Many women with an auto immune disorder go into remission during pregnancy. Hugs, it would be scary, hope you are feeling ok now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    How did you go OP?