+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Do lactation cookies work for you?

I had posted a little while ago about expressing etc. I was worried about my supply because my little one has dropped a couple of percentiles. GP and child health nurse told me to stop stressing because he's well and meeting milestones etc and doesn't "look" like he isn't getting enough milk.

Anyway, I made myself some lactation cookies and gosh they are so addictive! My supply has increased substantially now. I wake up engorged, I have obvious almost painful let downs again and my son is only feeding on one side again. I don't mind if it's a placebo, at least now I know if I'm worried again I can fall back on these!

I don't think i'll make another batch anyway because I don't feel like he is finishing on the breast because I don't feel completely empty (ie I don't think he's getting hindmilk)

Did these cookies or any other galactagogue work for you ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Snap. I just had cafhs nurse leave my house and I have same worries that you had for my milk. She to said to make the cookies. So I'm going to do this arvo. I had a c-sec which can affect your supply

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found them quite effective and bl0ody delicious! I found the recipe made a huge quantity so I used to bake half and freeze the rest of the dough. I found them particularly helpful after having surgery when my son was around 8 months which really messed with my supply. I have the ingredients on my shopping list to get ready for #3's arrival.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tainted For This Useful Post:

SookiLala  (29-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wish! Oatmeal, linseed, brewers yeast, fenugreek - in a cookie, porridge or a high strength supplement all did nothing for my milk. Wheatgerm seemed to make a small difference. 9 tablets a day of motilium was the only thing that gave me enough milk to EBF.

Definitely enjoy having an easy way to boost your supply if you need it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    Snap. I just had cafhs nurse leave my house and I have same worries that you had for my milk. She to said to make the cookies. So I'm going to do this arvo. I had a c-sec which can affect your supply
    Do it and let me know how you go! I hope they work for you I noticed a difference on the second day after eating them. I think I had eaten 5 by then lol

I made up my recipe because I liked the Franjos ones so much. The recipe is egg and dairy free. I added about 1/4 of a cup of Brewers yeast for 20 cookies.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SookiLala For This Useful Post:

Belter  (29-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    I wish! Oatmeal, linseed, brewers yeast, fenugreek - in a cookie, porridge or a high strength supplement all did nothing for my milk. Wheatgerm seemed to make a small difference. 9 tablets a day of motilium was the only thing that gave me enough milk to EBF.

Definitely enjoy having an easy way to boost your supply if you need it!
    that sucks, but glad you found something that worked in the end!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by UmmInayah View Post
    Do it and let me know how you go! I hope they work for you I noticed a difference on the second day after eating them. I think I had eaten 5 by then lol

I made up my recipe because I liked the Franjos ones so much. The recipe is egg and dairy free. I added about 1/4 of a cup of Brewers yeast for 20 cookies.
    Will do. Just have to get some of ingredients as I don't have all in my pantry. My mum is off to Coles to get the rest for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    ^^^Don't forget that it must be Brewers yeast not normal baking yeast. I have never seen it at coles. I get mine from the health food shop.

To answer the op question.... YES they absolutely help my supply. Love them and often recommend them. X

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (29-07-2016),SookiLala  (31-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helped me! Was able to express 150ml after a feed!!!
    But they gave me thrush due to the yeast

13. The Following User Says Thank You to clb84 For This Useful Post:

SookiLala  (31-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helped for me!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to runnermelb For This Useful Post:

SookiLala  (31-07-2016)