+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Should we move interstate?

Quote Originally Posted by Marchbundle View Post
    I lived on the Sunshine coast for years until last year. Moved for cheaper rent...big mistake! We are miserable and I miss the coast even though it's only a half hour drive. I used to live a street away from the beach and the kids were in a great school. Their new school doesn't compare. Moving back when this lease is up, can't wait!!!
    What are employment opportunities like there? I've heard it's really hard to find work

Thanks
    Reviews
    F

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    What are employment opportunities like there? I've heard it's really hard to find work
    It can be. I've lived there for 7 years but I was a full time mum. When I was looking to get back into the workforce, it was quite difficult but I fell pregnant again. DP has qualifications in horticulture, bricklaying, civil construction and has had employment. Plenty of healthcare employment....I'm thinking of studying aged care when dd3 is older.

I guess it depends what field you are looking for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    I'm on the coast and commute to Brisbane. There isn't much work here unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    We have just moved from Adelaide to Newcastle. I disliked Adelaide for all the reasons you haven't liked Vic. Hated the long drawn out cold, the beach had no waves and really wasn't happy there. I've only been in Newcastle for 2 months but already know it was the best move for us. It's winter and I don't need to wear jackets or even jumpers, can still go down to the beach in winter and the lifestyle is so layed back by the beach.
    As for children, I really find they adjust. DD2(7) has had a few tears and misses some of her friends but also loves all her new friends and fit right into the new school. DD1,DD3 & DD4 aged 9,6&4 prefer it here from the moment we got arrived. They've adjusted perfectly!
    On a whole, if you think it's the right move then I say go for it!
    Glad to hear your move has worked out nicely

Newcastle is a very liveable city. It has such a nice balance of everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'd move.

Kids are resilient. My two step kids can not name any kids from their pre school or fyos classes. They are in year 3 and 5 now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those who have moved with children

I gather you found employment and then found a house, a rental? All before you made the move?