+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Positive Ovulation Test and now period day later???

Hoping someone can shed some light on my situation because I'm stumped! Apologies for the long post!

I'm 46 and my cycle up until the past year, has always been pretty much 25 days. Had a period on 12th March and then nothing until the 14th June. Was only light and petered out after a few days.

Then on the 21st June, I had the heaviest bleed I've ever had - lost clots, flooding - it was like a crime scene!!! Lasted for two days. Saw my G.P who ordered blood tests and referred me back to see my Ob/Gyn. I was convinced that I was starting menopause.

He tells me that I'm not (according to the blood results) and that it could be 'dysfunctional bleeding'. Had a scan on 15th July to rule out anything sinister (all good) and the sonographer told me that there were follicles in my ovaries and that I should expect a period within a week. I felt really positive about all the results because we are desperate to have another baby, although we know the odds are against us. I started talking supplements and Chinese herbs (seeing an acupuncturist and naturopath at Fertile Ground).

So for the past fortnight, I've had extremely light spotting - hardly noticeable. Decided to start ovulation testing and for the past three days, I've had a positive result for 'High Fertility'. Was expecting a 'Peak Fertility' result tomorrow or next day. Tonight though I've started bleeding, more like a period.
    Surely I couldn't be ready to ovulate if my period is starting???

I seriously don't know where I am in my cycle and it's frustrating the hell out of me. Any ideas, please???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can anyone help?